Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA 10s Box

Daddy_

Hey guys I'm looking to do 2 10" Sundown SA and run it off a Sundown 1500D or 2000D and have it tuned to 32 to 34 hertz. What would you personally tune it to as I listen to regular rap music and no decaf or slowed. I have found a 2 boxes on ebay and was wondering if it will work and what you think. One is meant for 2 sundown SA 10s with 2.5cubes net total with aero ports. I was thinking of going a little bigger like 3 cubes total net and I found one. This box is meant for 2 Sundown X 10s. I was just wondering if this box will work with the SA 10s as the diameter is bigger on the X's then the SA's. Would it be worth going 3 cubes total or should I just stick to 2.5?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ported-Recessed-Sub-Box-Enclosure-for-2-10-Sundown-Audio-SA10-SA-10-Subs-/321813323764

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Custom-Ported-Subwoofer-Enclosure-for-2-10-Sundown-X-10-x10-Subs-Sub-Box-/261976843546

I would like to also ask would it be worth getting 2 Sundown X 10s and running them off a Sundown 1500D or 2000D. I know they will be under powered but just wondering is it worth it

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

I wouldn't go up to three cubes for a pair of SA-10s, especially since you are going to be overpowering them, keep it to 2.5 cubes or less.

The problem with both boxes you linked is they don't have anywhere near enough port area, and they aren't built to Sundown's specs for that reason.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I would honestly suggest that you either build your own box or find someone to build it for you. I think you'll be a lot more happy with the results that way. Figure out what subs you want/can realistically fit in the space you have/can power and build a box from there to the dimensions of your available space. The tuning/box size will depend largely on the sub/subs you choose but 34Hz should be plenty low enough for normal rap music. Don't hear too many songs going below that.

On the eBay site it says the box it built to sec for the sundown sa

What about running to sundown x 10s off a sundown 1500 or 2000. I know there underpowered but is it worth it or just go with the sa

Like I said, I would honestly suggest you just go with a custom built box for your needs. If you do that you can pick which ever subs you want so long as you can power/fit them and tune it to what you want. It will also be a better fit for your car. If you need help, start a new thread with the gear you're wanting to run and the space you're working with plus what you're looking for and I'm sure someone on here would be willing to help you out.

Well I originally wanted to run 2 12 SAs. My max dimensions are 34l x 16h x 18d. With considering port area, bracing, and the box tuned to 34 hertz how much cubic feet net will each sub have after. I was looking to give them 2 cubes net but that won't fit. I'm guessing with my measurements the subs will see 1.6-1.75 cubes net. Could anyone answer this for me. Otherwise I'll just get a custom box for 2 SA 10s in 2.5 cubes net tuned to 34 hertz

On the eBay site it says the box it built to sec for the sundown sa

Yeah, and they are lying or don't know what they are talking about.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I'll start a thread in the enclosure section then.

Archived