d-nice88 Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 Ok so i made a box out of birch wood and i guess i didnt do a good job sealing it with the calk. So is there something i can use on the outside of the box that wont damage my subs ?
DLHgn Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 Outside? I'm honestly not sure but if you are able to take the subs out of the box, you could always use some PL premium in the seems on the inside. That's what I used when building mine just to ensure that I had an airtight seal. Just make sure to let it fully cure before you put the subs back in and I would suggest not getting it on your skin. It comes off eventually but can be a pain.
d-nice88 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 Yea outside on the seems. I can take the subs out and box out but i would have to remove seats and i really dont want to unless i absolutely have to
DLHgn Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 I personally don't know of anything you could put on the outside that would look good. The PL Premium on the inside is the best thing I can think of especially if it's just because the seems aren't completely sealed. Smear a nice healthy bead of that stuff on the seems and it should be fine. Maybe someone else on here has insight to some stuff out there that would work better or a way to seal it on the outside though.
d-nice88 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 What about wood glue ? I dont care about looks since i still gotta sand the whole outside and stain it. I just wana seal it up for now with out taking the subs out
DLHgn Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 I don't think wood glue will do the job especially if you're wanting to sand and stain it.
fordpride Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 If you want to stain it then you will have to seal it from the insides. Caulk, silicone, PL and like production don't accept stain
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.