Second Skin Audio

Help! 4th Order Build

The official Xmax for the RE SEXv2 12 is 20 mm but 1.1 inches is about 28 mm so I wouldn't be sure the parameters belong to your sub.

The guy that gave me those parameters said that the website was underrating it and that 1.1 inches is the Xmas.

2001 Tahoe

No system. Not even aftermarket headunit.

.. and here are the cone displacement and vent airspeed for that rule of thumb designed bandpass:

image.jpg

Airspeed for 40 square inches of port area:

image.jpg

So that's where the rule of thumb method leaves us but there's room for improvement which you will miss if you don't go by better methods.

.. and here are the cone displacement and vent airspeed for that rule of thumb designed bandpass:

image.jpg

Airspeed for 40 square inches of port area:

image.jpg

So that's where the rule of thumb method leaves us but there's room for improvement which you will miss if you don't go by better methods.

What would you suggest then. I think I understand those diagrams but then again Im not sure. I really want to do this right but my air space is limited to a total 6.48cuft. And I can't thank you enough for helping me out.

2001 Tahoe

No it didn't. I have a ported box in my trunk tuned to 35 hz. Not saying that I couldn't build another one, I just wanted to try the 4th Order for the supposedly increased efficiency and SPL.

2001 Tahoe

No it didn't. I have a ported box in my trunk tuned to 35 hz. Not saying that I couldn't build another one, I just wanted to try the 4th Order for the supposedly increased efficiency and SPL.

Bandpass boxes let you trade efficiency for bandwidth. While you may be able to get more efficiency with a bandpass box than your current ported box, you are going to pay the price in bandwidth, and the box will have to be much larger than your current ported box. In car audio everything is a tradeoff.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived