Second Skin Audio

Need your guys opinion on my new sub

Guys finally I found Kicker VCWS124 12" Subwoofer w/ enclosure and people say it hits like an earthquake and the box goes down to 27hz! I found another 800w max sub (this one is 600) but it is a kicker Comp shallow mount subwoofer but people say that it his just like a full size one, in this case that is better

35 Hz 45L, well I see the points you make. However I only have this 150w amp and can only afford a new speaker and enclosure, I have a 300 dollar max budget and a 4 ohm amplifier , I live in sydney and the shop that has the best subwoofers is ryda.com and I'm scared if I get a 300w sub or 400w sub it will be underpowered

What do you recommend I do? The amp can get pretty powerful in comparison to its rms at full volume but I'm not sure , I got 300$ for a new sub , 100 is on th enclosure on ready and I just need something to thump my chest, thanks!

Also I'm not too bothered about decent sound quality, bass head > audiophile FOR ME :)

There is nothing wrong with giving a 400 watt sub only 200 watts, what do you think happens when you turn the volume?

I looked over the subs that were available at ryda.com. From what they have to pick from I think the Alpine SWA-12 is probably your best bet. Its a little more money, but its a lot more sub and it would be appropriate for ported box usage.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

35 Hz 45L, well I see the points you make. However I only have this 150w amp and can only afford a new speaker and enclosure, I have a 300 dollar max budget and a 4 ohm amplifier , I live in sydney and the shop that has the best subwoofers is ryda.com and I'm scared if I get a 300w sub or 400w sub it will be underpowered

What do you recommend I do? The amp can get pretty powerful in comparison to its rms at full volume but I'm not sure , I got 300$ for a new sub , 100 is on th enclosure on ready and I just need something to thump my chest, thanks!

Also I'm not too bothered about decent sound quality, bass head > audiophile FOR ME :)

There is nothing wrong with giving a 400 watt sub only 200 watts, what do you think happens when you turn the volume?

I looked over the subs that were available at ryda.com. From what they have to pick from I think the Alpine SWA-12 is probably your best bet. Its a little more money, but its a lot more sub and it would be appropriate for ported box usage.

awesome man , thanks so much for doing that ! It looks great , and will this provide me with th earthquake I need ? Also looking at 600w kicker subs but this one is 750w which means louder. Thanks ! I can afford up to a 200 dollar sub from that website

Most of your sound will come from the enclosure that is built for the sub

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

awesome man , thanks so much for doing that ! It looks great , and will this provide me with th earthquake I need ? Also looking at 600w kicker subs but this one is 750w which means louder. Thanks ! I can afford up to a 200 dollar sub from that website

Keep in mind a 750 watt sub is only going to get louder than a lower wattage sub if you are able to put more power to it. One the same power (say 400 watts) a 750 watt sub and a 400 watt sub are going to sound pretty close. If anything the 400 watt sub might be slightly louder.

As far as if it will provide the "earthquake" you need, that's tough to say. That Alpine sub should definitely perform better than the Pioneer sub would, but whether it will be enough for you depends on your perspective and expectations. To get reach THX certified levels of bass output you are usually looking at at least two ported 15"s on 1,000 or more watts. The size and construction of your room plays a big part in it as well.

If you want to get REALLY serious about home audio subs take a look here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/

There are guys on there that are running crazy setups. Like eight 18's on 12,000 watts type stuff.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Keep in mind a 750 watt sub is only going to get louder than a lower wattage sub if you are able to put more power to it. One the same power (say 400 watts) a 750 watt sub and a 400 watt sub are going to sound pretty close. If anything the 400 watt sub might be slightly louder.

As far as if it will provide the "earthquake" you need, that's tough to say. That Alpine sub should definitely perform better than the Pioneer sub would, but whether it will be enough for you depends on your perspective and expectations. To get reach THX certified levels of bass output you are usually looking at at least two ported 15"s on 1,000 or more watts. The size and construction of your room plays a big part in it as well.

If you want to get REALLY serious about home audio subs take a look here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/

There are guys on there that are running crazy setups. Like eight 18's on 12,000 watts type stuff.

Thanks heaps for the info man , I'm looking towards th alpine now and possibly a dual box. Thanks !

Archived