Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Double Checking My Design


DLHgn

Recommended Posts

Posted

Also a 34+ tall box and you are porting up? It would be great if you mentioned what the vehicle is it.

Posted

Also a 34+ tall box and you are porting up? It would be great if you mentioned what the vehicle is it.

It's for a '98 Ford Ranger Extended Cab but like I said, idk the exact dimensions yet so this is just kinda of an experiment to get some experience designing boxes and to play around with the general shape I'll be working with. I got the measurements by looking at pre fab boxes for the vehicle (the 48" width), seeing what other people have done (15" depth) and kinda guestimating how high the widow sil is (36" hight).

Posted

Also a 34+ tall box and you are porting up? It would be great if you mentioned what the vehicle is it.

Also, is there a problem with the port being up on this design?

Posted

So I redesigned the box with an appropriate bracing panel and bracing above and below subs. I also made the port 8" X 12.75" and extended it to be total of 27.25" long (including outside board). This leaves me with a net volume of ~9.5 ft^3 and tuning at about 28.5Hz. According to WinIsd, even with 3500w (this setup wouldn't exceed 3000w) I will only get to about 29 m/s port velocity with is below the max recommended of 30 m/s and at 3000w I should only reach ~27 m/s.

2moGBWd.png

gWYU3sZ.png

Fqgi7O3.png

Does this design look more sound? Any other changes that y'all would make?

Posted

That looks pretty good. I'd just move the braces above and below the driver cutout so that they are closer to the hole. Having them right next to the hole would be best.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

That looks pretty good. I'd just move the braces above and below the driver cutout so that they are closer to the hole. Having them right next to the hole would be best.

That makes sense. The close to a panel they are the less useful they are right?

Posted

That looks pretty good. I'd just move the braces above and below the driver cutout so that they are closer to the hole. Having them right next to the hole would be best.

How about this?

4SMkbel.png

The braces are about 3/8" away. And actually they'll be a bit further due to making the inner baffel cutouts slightly smaller to counter sink the subs.

Posted

Looks perfect.

And to respond to your previous question, you are correct, having them closer to the top and bottom panels reduces their effectiveness.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

What do you think the lowest most conceivable tuning for these drivers in this enclosure are?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3076 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...