Second Skin Audio

Sub Getting Warm?

ok this just started today, one of me subs is getting noticably warmer than the other, they are both wire exactly the same but after bumping for about two minutes the cone on one sub is warm and the other is cool to the touch, what would be causing this, and also nether of them are blow they sound perfect

ok this just started today, one of me subs is getting noticably warmer than the other, they are both wire exactly the same but after bumping for about two minutes the cone on one sub is warm and the other is cool to the touch, what would be causing this, and also nether of them are blow they sound perfect

thats a good question, have you watched them in action? does one move different than the other? mechanical failure, or maybe coil jumped gap, something keeping 1 from moving freely or a broken coil shorting out on pole piece??

IB3 22"

they move the same, no distortion with either speaker and the both hit just as hard, and there is no burning smell, just gets warm

i have a two channel amp, but i bridge the subs at 4 ohms (each dual 4 ohm coil sub wired at 8 ohms then bridged at the amp for a 4 ohm load) i have 10 gauge running from the amp too the box and then 8 gauge from the box to the subs, all wires are the same length

i have a two channel amp, but i bridge the subs at 4 ohms (each dual 4 ohm coil sub wired at 8 ohms then bridged at the amp for a 4 ohm load) i have 10 gauge running from the amp too the box and then 8 gauge from the box to the subs, all wires are the same length

Wow thats weird. Why would you run a smaller guage wire to the box, and then a larger wire to the subs? Shouldent it be the opposite or all the same?

yea ive been having nothing but problems with these subs so im thinking about upgrading soon, but right now im just wondering if the sub that is getting warm is the only one getting power, and the other one isnt, my box has both subs vented to a single vent so maybe the air was moving my one sub that wasnt getting warm and it made it look like it was hitting, from what ive been reading it is normall for subs to get warm, i would try to hook them up seperate but i have them inside the house and out of the box right now