Second Skin Audio

Is this amp able to drive this driver ?

Will a 150w rms wall socket subwoofer plate amp @4 ohms be able to drive a JL Audio CP112W04? My amp is old and I have no specs other than that , I've looked hours for specs amywhere , nothing. It is in a sealed enclosure with a Jaycar subwoofer , bought it like that the speaker is 150w rms 4 ohm. when I hook this plate amp up into my sound card it's insane , If the gain knob were a clock and 4 o clock was max gain, and 8 o clock was minimun gain I would put it at 10 o clock and it would drive the hell out of the speaker , think it has to do with the 600ohm sound add output idk but would I still be able to get decent ground thumping with that jk sub?

Seeing as this sub is rated at 300 w RMS, you should be able to give it all that amp has got in it. Weather or not it will be louder is more of the box it will be in but it probably will be as long as the box is a proper size. JL is known for making good drivers so, again assuming it's in a proper box, it should sound pretty good too. But I guess you'll find out when you set it up.

Seeing as this sub is rated at 300 w RMS, you should be able to give it all that amp has got in it. Weather or not it will be louder is more of the box it will be in but it probably will be as long as the box is a proper size. JL is known for making good drivers so, again assuming it's in a proper box, it should sound pretty good too. But I guess you'll find out when you set it up.

thanks man appreciated ! Also says on the website or something Rms rating 150w-300w is suitable so lets pray

Hopefully it sounds good but there are too many variables for me to say weather or not it will. Let us know how it goes

thanks man! Liking foward to it I'm actualy over seas at the moment and will test it in a few weeks when I'm home. Sound quality I still like, but I mainly just want lows pumping out and the ground shaking !

Archived