Second Skin Audio

need new box ideas for my (2) SA-18's

Bayuk89

I will buy a DD-1 and retune with -5 dB now the amp has more juice it could pull and better signal from quality RCA cables.... if that doesnt satisfy me i will either invest in a SQ2200 or VFL 120 and be done.

-5db will lower the output.

Right.... If you read earlier in my post i said i was tuned -10 dB with single battery and cheap twisted pair RCA cables. I upgraded to better quality RCA cables, added a second battery and upgraded all my power and grounds to 1/0 (up front 2ga welding cable)

Left my amp setting as before upgrade and now with the electrical upgrades i get stinky coil within minutes at full tilt.

Thinking that with the extra battery and bigger wiring the amp has the ablity to put out its full potential and it either needs to be retuned (most likely) or -10 with the electrical upgrades is too hot.. I used to be able to play full tilt for about 15 minutes before coils get stinky then i back the volune off.... Now i cant play a full song with out them getting stinky.. With that i marked the gain with a paint marker and tuned the gain down about 1/8th of a turn untill i can buy a DD-1 and retune. I will try -10 again but if its too hot i have to go -7.5 or -5

Archived