2013Denali Posted June 28, 2016 Report Posted June 28, 2016 Hey fellow fanatics. I have a 13' crew cab GMC HD Denali that I'm looking to add a subwoofer/amp/ processor to. Definitely want sound quality to be the outcome. Enclosure dimensions are 8" front height, 5 " rear height, 14" wide, 50" long. There is a tranny hump that is 1 1/2 x 12", Any ideas as for the build, i.e speakers, amp or enclosure would be appreciated.
2013Denali Posted June 28, 2016 Author Report Posted June 28, 2016 Thank you! It' s my pride and joy:)
2013Denali Posted June 28, 2016 Author Report Posted June 28, 2016 Lol, not quite the direction I was headed.
Mariothadon Posted June 28, 2016 Report Posted June 28, 2016 I don't think he wants to really mess the truck up. Just want to add an additional nice system inside it. Kinda how I am towards my newer model car..
Guest Posted June 28, 2016 Report Posted June 28, 2016 Lol, not quite the direction I was headed. I don't think he wants to really mess the truck up. Just want to add an additional nice system inside it. Kinda how I am towards my newer model car.. lol right but I can dream I swear its the easiest wall, only reason I want a nice extended cab 1day some of these extended cab truck guys literally just slide it in (giggity) through the back doors and bolt it to the bars the seats were mounted to but seriously with your original plan maybe a 6.5" woofer or 2
Soundfreezer79 Posted June 28, 2016 Report Posted June 28, 2016 You can fit two 10"s under the back seat in a sealed box. Sealed boxes will save you space and provide tighter bass. I have two GM trucks and there are a few options for shoehorning subs into these great trucks. There will of course have to be a bridge/tunnel in the middle of the box to fit over the transmission hump. I have seen this done with some savvy sawing and routering. Good luck and I hope you accomplish your goal of sound quality.
2013Denali Posted June 29, 2016 Author Report Posted June 29, 2016 Thanks for the input, in your trucks did you run any subs under the seat, if so what was your sound experience?
MrSkippyJ Posted June 29, 2016 Report Posted June 29, 2016 You can fit two 10"s under the back seat in a sealed box. Sealed boxes will save you space and provide tighter bass. I have two GM trucks and there are a few options for shoehorning subs into these great trucks. There will of course have to be a bridge/tunnel in the middle of the box to fit over the transmission hump. I have seen this done with some savvy sawing and routering. Good luck and I hope you accomplish your goal of sound quality. what is tighter bass? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.