Second Skin Audio

Stare down skar and Orion

I have sold my car recently and purchased a truck sue to my new job. I want a modest amount of bass but don't need to thump like my old car. So I was looking for a single 12' sub now at 4ohms that I can add a second ond one later for a 2ohm config. So far I have come up with what I believe to be good choices

Orion xtr

Orion cobalt

Skar ix

Rockford p2

All these are about 50$USD / 80$CAD

Now how do I find out the durability and performance? I am up near Arctic. On the east coast of Canada and I can't go to a store if something breaks so I want something to last

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

in before lock

Easy answer if Fosgate

No vs threads

So my question is. Does someone know witch has a longer life in extreme cold weather (-40°c) and moisture. it will be a year round adittion. with most DB per watt.

The reason I listed the subs is so that you can see that I'm looking at high end brands not junk even though on the entry level

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

in before lock

Easy answer if Fosgate

No vs threads

I didn't include links to the subs because I don't want it to be a vs. thread. Just a poorly phrased question.

Archived