noser7 Posted July 8, 2016 Report Posted July 8, 2016 Heys guys I have a couple question. I'm getting around to designing my box I juwt need any tips you guys can throw my way it would be very appreciated. So far my dimension are 48"w 15"h 50"L. I plan on doing double .75 wood everywhere except the bottom board. I want to tune around 40hz? I want a 1.5 sealed each to 6 ported. Also, side port or center port? Bracing? Thanks
noser7 Posted July 8, 2016 Author Report Posted July 8, 2016 Also subs are dual 2 ohm 1 sub is fresh recone with zv3 surrounds the other needs recone, 1 coil is blown price to recone is 145. Planning on running an SS xxx 6500
Joe X Posted July 8, 2016 Report Posted July 8, 2016 The BTLs were not too suitable for 4th order if I remember right, also you are doing a different restore job to each driver so who knows what the outcome is going to be when you put all that stuff together.
noser7 Posted July 8, 2016 Author Report Posted July 8, 2016 No bro the recone I am going to get will be exactly like the other one. It's from corey Dean spl
Joe X Posted July 8, 2016 Report Posted July 8, 2016 Tell the guy doing the recone job to give you t/s parameters of what he is delivering, once you have them you can decide what box type is going to work for those drivers.
noser7 Posted July 8, 2016 Author Report Posted July 8, 2016 Yea that sounds good but I just wanted to build this box and later switch subs or more power
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 8, 2016 Report Posted July 8, 2016 Yea that sounds good but I just wanted to build this box and later switch subs or more power Bandpass boxes are not generic enclosures that work with everything. You need to design and build the box for the specific subs you will be using. If you want a box that is more forgiving when it comes to changing subs build a ported box. It will most likely be louder anyway. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.