Second Skin Audio

Mustang owners

ThePilot

Mustangs pre2005...built a box as small as I could..I thought...external measures 13x17x29.5 there's room IN the trunk,but how in Zeus' butthole are you guys getting the box INTO these funky trunks? Do I have to cut back seat bracing?

Jojo Pelletier / South Alabama

Thanx Boom..why didn't I think of that.. yes I'm a padawan in the forum,and not much more experienced in CA(that's why I'm here). But seriously,ive seen systems in mustangs,just wondering if alterations are possible without building a box IN the trunk..about to cut the top bracket behind the back seats

well to be honest i have installed large ported enclosures for the older mustangs but a good amount of work needs to be done in the trunk. its a stupid trunk opening. i think your dims should fit but you may need to remove the trunk latch assembly to gain some space. also may need to remove the spare tire to gain room as well. they are a pain in the ass but it can be done.

I don't know how to post pics here (using phone)..but there's a metal bracket or brace that runs the top length of the back seat(visible when you let the seats down).If I cut that in the center about 1-1 1/2" up and 13" wide,it shouldn't harm the integrity of the seats at all..

my cars busted as fuck so i cut mine

i had another box that was 13.5in tall, i shoved the back in the opening and then proceeded to kick it into place

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

I hear ya spoon..lol..I figured it out: you can actually remove the entire rear seats,top and bottom..the bottom,as we all know, just pops up and out...the top or back of the seats,where there's only 12.5" opening into the trunk,can be completely removed exposing a nice 15" of clearance!! There's 2 10mm bolts at the top and 2 at the bottom..comes right out..now I can slide the box straight in from inside the car..

Archived