BiGMik3 Posted July 12, 2016 Report Posted July 12, 2016 First off....Hello all..OK I picked up 2 Alpine type Rs in a ported box with 2 Alpine mrx-m110 all under warranty for 2 years for 500$. So I couldn't pass that. First off the B.S. premade ported junk had to go. Now I have them in a 1.2cu. sealed box downfireing in my trailblazer...............not super impressed my 2 massive audio kilo10 in .9cu sealed box paired to mbquart 2400 is actually louder.... For years all the talk about Alpine but I'm just not impressed.. 136.2 with my 10s in a f350 quad cab. Is there a better sized box or a trick to make these Alpines do better....,.......I apologize for rambling not super tech savvy
Joe X Posted July 13, 2016 Report Posted July 13, 2016 I'm (completely) sure you can do a better box for them but Alpines are entry level subs in the end, if you are not easily impressed you will definitely need to purchase higher level stuff.
BiGMik3 Posted July 13, 2016 Author Report Posted July 13, 2016 Ya your probably right but I'm trying to remodel my home so I'm stuck with them the amps are nice enough considering I was using crunch b4... maybe a bandpass or something ?? I'm good with wood so worth a shot.
bluethunder Posted July 13, 2016 Report Posted July 13, 2016 A nice ported box built to spec should make you much happier.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.