Sundown Audio

2000 watt amp ?

ssaulen2011

If Tfade says it's a no go, then it's a no do.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

C.A.B. 1600.1 is absolutely the best bang for your buck. You can get one for $190 brand new and this thing will run at .5 ohms and do well over 3K watts on music. Check out Big D Wiz's video of the amp dyno on Youtube, also Meade did an amp dyno of it as well.

Really? cuz I just got done reading about how they are letting out the magic smoke. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/205840-cab-16001/

People are running them on stock electrical and wondering why the are going up in flames. Gotta have solid electrical and a clean signal to prevent the amp from burning up. The problem is with such a cheap amp the people who buy them are too cheap to upgrade their electrical and take the time to make sure the input is clean as well to keep the equipment holding up.

I will believe you in all the instances except for the boss man Steve Meade himself who according to the thread had his go poof and sizzle.

The one that Meade destroyed was at .5 ohms iirc, so if the amp is run at 1 ohm where it is suggested to be ran then there should be no problem with it working just fine. I do not plan on buying one, but if I didn't have any other option I would give one a shot.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived