Help getting a buddies build fixed *Update* Unearthed a nightmare

really, only thing i saw wrong was that ground and the way the wired the switch. Nothing wrong with those little crimp type wire nuts. Anyway, good luck. Give us lots of pics of your work so new members can see how to do it right.

EVERYTHING was e-taped man. The RCA's and remote wire, all 20ft of it. I undid it to salvage the remote wire to try to make my friend happy, but yeah, I should've just ripped and installed a new.

Strange - you cannot get the headunit it. Can not. They took off his whole dash, shoved the bundle underneath the part that's underneath your windshield, and flex-bent it down over it. Basically, they made a bundled fucking mess that you can't identify anything in or even fit the unit. Also - the crookedness? Not sure if you read - the unit was in completely crooked. When my dude asked them why - they said it would take an HOUR and be a pain in the ass to take the front of the dash off and pull it forward. Now - here's the thing. They fucking knew exactly what they did and didn't want to open it. The dash kit was installed UPSIDE DOWN. That's a fuckin problem to me, man.

I'll try my best for bringing pics of when it's all finished tho. I'm not saying I'm some sort of pro or anything, just that I can do a good job that is safe, secure, and not laughable.

i literal read 0 of your first post. sorry

It's good, it's long and scattered.

Here's the only picture I took, kinda hard to tell but you can see what should be flush with the kit even.. I only took the pic for the model to look up.

IMG_20160714_123930485_HDR1_zpsrppqx5pa.

Post some pics of what's behind the radio inside the dash.

Sometimes you have to cut stuff out to make double din's fit properly.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Post some pics of what's behind the radio inside the dash.

Sometimes you have to cut stuff out to make double din's fit properly.

I'll try to get him to send a picture since we have the HU out currently.

Good thought, but I have my doubts purely because the HU was actually pushed farther back than it needed to be, so by that logic, it could be able to flawlessly sit and mount on the lip that it should and be flush with? Maybe I'm thinking wrong, but that seems right. It's like that in the picture because they completely screwed in the screws on the sides wrong, they were legit angled in instead of flat. Speaking of that, I swear it's the wrong model unit for the radio, the screw holes hardly align, but I was told that's what came with the box. Something sounds fishy about it all though.

Yup, went to the shop, just to see how they work.

Asked him about the ground, they said that's always how they do it. Asked him why? Got the response of "That's pretty much one of the best ways there is man"

Kindly informed him of these things called threaded insert tools, nuts, bolts, washers, and wire wheels. He didn't take it too kindly. Told me there was nothing wrong with only using e-tape either... ugh, place can't be helped.

Oh yeah, car audio is also apparrently "completely dead, man"

Better let Steve know.

Anyways, here's a pic of the slot and another random one I had.

IMG_90391_zpslfwoxyyq.jpg

IMG_20160721_1927481161_zpssmkb9egu.jpg

seems as if the inner prongs would mean for it to fit right in with no troubles.

Even my first installs looked better than that. They used a shoe horn to stuff that deck in there... granted there's so much more wiring now on decks than 20 years ago, I just barely managed to get all my wires tucked in my dash on my last install. As far as that black box goes, the only ones I've seen are factory chime boxes and steering wheel control integration.

This is the black box.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8qOCBOZziXM/p_1206522NAV/Axxess-XSVI-6522-NAV-Wiring-Interface.html

Relatively important, haha.

Does anybody have tips/tricks for getting all of that wire somewhere? I plan on taking off the whole top of the dash, fitting the unit in, routing the wire from behind, plugging in

and kinda shoving to the side. Dude wants the shit done, so do I haha.

Archived