Sundown Audio

twisted sounds 2.8k came in !!!

Bayuk89

If you have to finance something that's in the hundreds of dollars you should probably rethink your priorities.

^^^^ i agree, i was just making a statement that they offer financing on their website, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't keep up on these things but is Twisted Audio a new company? Every time I peek in car audio forums it seems I see a different brand being mentioned like it was the new flavor of the month. I think once it was TRU, then Audiopipe, Sundown, then Masconi and now I see this brand mentioned a lot. Hell I'm just now catching up with the Sundown brand, building a new box for an SD 8....I'm behind.

So i tuned to -2.5 dB today and took an hour round trip for some grocery shopping. I will say at this point -2.5 is plenty for these SA-18's. Its noticably louder than when i had my rockville on it, how much louder ? How many watts is it pumping RMS @ -2.5 dB ? I will have to find out next weekend ! There is a shop in austin about 35 miles from where i live that have a term lab meter, i think they charge $40-50 for one hour of test and tune on the meter.

Durring my drive at highway speed my voltage stayed between 13.2-13.6 at full tilt on regular hip hop music on spotify

One the song (Psyph morrison - dope) i think it dropped down to like 12.9 volts

Seems like my volts start to fall on the long low notes 34 hz and under, i think the lowest i got it while driving was 12.7 volts

Subs seem to like it, i did smell coil a few times but it wasnt bad, it just let me know the track was a bit too hot for them so i just clicked down a few on the volume

One song i ALWAYS smell coil on is N2deep - back to the hotel DSNT version. In less than a minute they get a lil stinky but the dust cap isnt hot, just slight warm.

As long as you keep paying attention to them like you are you'll be fine,

Knowing your music, and knowing your gear are key to keeping stuff alive when it's overpowered like this.

What's your electrical consist of?

I can't remember.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I don't keep up on these things but is Twisted Audio a new company? Every time I peek in car audio forums it seems I see a different brand being mentioned like it was the new flavor of the month. I think once it was TRU, then Audiopipe, Sundown, then Masconi and now I see this brand mentioned a lot. Hell I'm just now catching up with the Sundown brand, building a new box for an SD 8....I'm behind.

Sundown was founded back in 2006 IIRC

As far as twisted sounds idk when they started up, but they rate their amps around 12 volts and you get much more at 14 volts. Their 1.8k is a 2200 watt board, 2.8k is a 3500 watt board and their 3.5k is a 5000 watt board

As long as you keep paying attention to them like you are you'll be fine,

Knowing your music, and knowing your gear are key to keeping stuff alive when it's overpowered like this.

What's your electrical consist of?

I can't remember.

My electrical consists of hopes and dreams HAHA

I have a factory 117 amp ALT

Deka group 65 under the hood

Deka 1131 MF semi truck battery in the truck tool box

Big 4 in 1/0 welding cable along with power and ground runs to rear battery in 1/0 welding cable

I have a MAC smart charger in the truck tool box, every friday night i put it on 2amp trickle charge over night and un plug it saturday morning.

Im a field tech and take my company truck home so i only drive my dodge ram a few times a month.

Needless to say on the 1500 watt rockville amp my electrical was "fine" for the demand, obviously i now need a HO alt and it wouldnt hurt to install a third battery.

I'd start with an alt and see if you need more reserve after that,

Getting a battery now will just cut into your budget for an alt which is what you need the most right now.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I think having these SA-18's in a 10.5 f^3 box is helping them with the extra power, do to the box being relativly "small" for 18" subs.... the only box specs i found out there was from what i was given help from on here...

I'd start with an alt and see if you need more reserve after that,

Getting a battery now will just cut into your budget for an alt which is what you need the most right now.

I agree ^^^ JS ultimate alternator quoted me $359 for a 240 amp alt

I was thinking about buying a $40 136 amp alt from the junk yard due to it having about 20 more amps of power but 20 more amps wont be enough

Archived