Help needed!! Alternator issues? And big 3?

Okay guys so Im having problems. I have a 2011 Toyota Camry with a 2.4L engine. I have an old school Power Acoustik 820w amp powering 2 Kicker CVRs ( I know, basic system.. but Im a college student so its all I can afford). I also have a second battery in the trunk that is a decent size car audio battery. I'm having a severe voltage issue. Ever since I got the car the voltage has been low. Its also very temperature dependent, but typically once the engine is warm it sits at 13.3v-13.5v. This is without the subs playing. When i turn on something like headlights (hids) the voltage will drop .1v for a moment and then go right back to where it was sitting. I live in south Alabama, USA. So temperatures lately are around 100'F.. Ive owned the car for over a year and its been doing this the entire time. Ive had a lot of cars throrought my life and anytime an alternator went this low, it eventually went out. but this one is still holding steady.. Has anyone ever had an issue like this???? Could it be some sensor or regulator?? HELP!!!

Also... Would doing a big 3 upgrade help with this problem, or help improve the flow of power in general?

Thanks.

If u float 13.3-13.5 as stated then your fine IMO, the PCM will "call" on the ALT to charge the batteries to specific range depending on temperature... anything above 12.8 volts is "technically" charging the batteries.... durring hot weather typiclly your voltage will vary 13.3-13.8 volts, cold weather will typiclly be 14.2-14.8 volts.

And yes the big three helps with voltage and current flow, there is a how to pinned on the electrical section of the page..... VERY simple and straight forward, im not gonna tell you what you have to use just make sure the wire is OFC. I used 1/0 welding cable and tinned copper lugs.... i didnt add wire, i just replaced, and if you replace wire then install the upgraded wire exactly were you removed the orginal wire.... no need to keep a factory 8ga wire when you have a 1/0 wire under neith it IMO

Archived