Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

XFL 1522 Box help needed!


Bigwheelw

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a AB XFL 1522 and an execution audio 1000.1 amp I drive a Mercury Grand Marquis so I have a good amount of trunk space. I'm relatively new to the"sport" but I shouldn't have any trouble building the box.

Posted

So what's your question?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

What year is your Mercury. I am currently building boxes for my crown Vic. They will fit in the side behind the taillight. They should be about the same. I can give you what I have so far. I WO LD get cardboard or poster board and make the box out of that first so you have templates and then build the box.

Posted

I looked at some photos on Google and found some nice box setups that would work for you without loosing to much trunk space. There is a big difference between the to cars so I would need to a look at the trunk in order to get dimensions.

Posted

I'm not too worried about losing trunk space. I'm just wondering if you could go to big for this sub and what port sizing to use. I can send you pics or dimensions of the trunk. I really appreciate the help.

Posted

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

abxfl.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Posted

Well that may be true but in a different way, for example you could build a larger box for multiple drivers or a larger box for a larger driver BUT you can not build a box as big as you want for a single driver without consequence, with enough power a driver in a box too big for it will bottom out and eventually fail mechanically, even if you keep the power low it will get loud only around the box tuning (speaking of a ported box) so it will sound pretty bad, a larger box is generally a good idea but to a limit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4659 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...