Skullz Posted August 10, 2016 Report Posted August 10, 2016 Ask audiofanaticz, he might build you one. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Mariothadon Posted August 10, 2016 Author Report Posted August 10, 2016 Yeah for sale. The reason I ask is cause my last box weren't the right specs for the AB HD 12s I had. Any of you know the cu ft for one of them optimal?
Mariothadon Posted August 12, 2016 Author Report Posted August 12, 2016 How much port do I need on dual American Bass box at the minimum? I have someone who wants to build me a enclosure.
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 12, 2016 Report Posted August 12, 2016 How much port do I need on dual American Bass box at the minimum? I have someone who wants to build me a enclosure. How much port area you need depends on how much power you are going to be running, the net volume of the box, and the tuning frequency. Keep in mind that running minimum port area can give you minimum performance. That may not be what you want. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Mariothadon Posted August 13, 2016 Author Report Posted August 13, 2016 How much port do I need on dual American Bass box at the minimum? I have someone who wants to build me a enclosure. How much port area you need depends on how much power you are going to be running, the net volume of the box, and the tuning frequency. Keep in mind that running minimum port area can give you minimum performance. That may not be what you want. 3000 watt rms ... 5 cu ft total and tuned to 34hz..
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 13, 2016 Report Posted August 13, 2016 3000 watt rms ... 5 cu ft total and tuned to 34hz.. 80 sq in would be the minimum, 100 sq in would be better. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 13, 2016 Report Posted August 13, 2016 what you mean sq? lol Sq in = square inches "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Mariothadon Posted August 13, 2016 Author Report Posted August 13, 2016 80 sq a port or for both ports combined? it's a dual ported 12 enclosure I'm trying to accomplish..
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 13, 2016 Report Posted August 13, 2016 80 sq a port or for both ports combined? it's a dual ported 12 enclosure I'm trying to accomplish.. 80/100 sq in total port area, so if you are using two ports they could be 40/50 sq in each. Since you are using two ports I'd encourage you to be closer to 50 sq in per port since two smaller ports will cause more air resistance than a single larger port of equal total area. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.