Rockbrook Posted August 19, 2016 Report Posted August 19, 2016 I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find any threads on it, anyway. How do you guys feel about mounting amps under the front seat in front or on top of the floor vent? as you know most cars have a vent under those seats for the "floor vents". Well I previously had an amp mounted there and it was so damn long that the front of the amp was sitting on top of that floor vent, this would cause any air that comes outta that vent to hit the bottom of the amp, I used to use the "Floor" setting on the vents all the time for a/c then one day while not even bumping loud the amp went pop and died. My theory was tht the cold air hitting the bottom of the amp while it was running caused some condensation to build up inside of the amp and caused it to pop. I think that made sense, if it doesn't let me know but I'm just trying to figure out if the cold air hitting the bottom had anything to do with my amp popping or was it just a bad repair job from the person I bought it from. If that cold air possibly caused it to blow then I don't wanna risk putting another amp there if I can help it, if I have to put another one there I was thinking about re-routing that vent so it doesn't hit the bottom of the amp anymore. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted August 19, 2016 Report Posted August 19, 2016 I try to avoid doing that, It puts in an area that it could potentially get kicked and stepped on and also have the possibility of getting wet or muddy from tracking stuff in on your shoes. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Rockbrook Posted August 19, 2016 Author Report Posted August 19, 2016 I thought about that as well, that's why I made a false floor sort of for when people get in the backseat. It's a piece of wood that goes over the part of the amp that sticks out from under the seat so when someone sits in the backseat their feet actually rest on top of the wood.... But yeah, if my amp can be repaired(It's currently at DB-r) I'm thinking of mounting in the trunk somewhere.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.