Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Want to keep factory head unit


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got a '14 tundra 4 door with the factory screen and other factory features. I am looking to run 3 10" woofers on a 1000 watt, 1 ohm stable amp. I am also looking to amp the factory JBL speakers inside. If I want to keep the factory screen/HU what type of high/low do I need that will handle these demands? Also, extra batt or no?

Posted

Ideally you want a processor to clean up the signal from the oem radio.
High to low converters are cheap and generic and introduce distortion into your system.
You want the processor to be able to sum all channels together so that you have a full bandwidth frequency coming out of every channel of the processor.

Not to mention high to low converters typically burn out because the majority of them can not handle the high voltage coming from the radio.

There are a few ways about doing this depending on how many speakers your vehicle has.

First way would be with the AudioControl LC6i if you only plan to use 4 of your vehicles oem speakers and add your subwoofers.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_108351_AudioControl-LC6i-Black.html

Second way if your vehicle has 6 speakers and you want to add subwoofers.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8090_AudioControl-LC8i-White.html

or

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21949_Kicker-ZXSUM8-10ZXSUM8.html

Now if you want to go fully digital with the processor and adjust settings via a laptop and have crazy amounts of control and 31bands of eq per channel something like this.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34749_Rockford-Fosgate-3SIXTY.3-360.3.html

There are also similar style processors to this from Helix, Ampere Audio, Audison, but Im just keeping it short.

 

 

Posted

You would need a line driver. Not sure what you meant by high/low

A line driver is for boosting a rca signal. This has no place for factory integration, and will not do what he needs done.

A high/low converter is for taking the high voltage radio output via the speaker wires and turning that signal into a low voltage rca output to feed your amps.

 

 

Posted

Ok, that was extremely helpful! I really appreciate the input. Its been a long time since I've done any of this and wasn't sure what's changed. Again, thank you for your help.

Posted

You would need a line driver. Not sure what you meant by high/low

A line driver is for boosting a rca signal. This has no place for factory integration, and will not do what he needs done.

A high/low converter is for taking the high voltage radio output via the speaker wires and turning that signal into a low voltage rca output to feed your amps.

Thanks for info, I wasn't quite sure what he was asking.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1034 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...