Thoughts on this QWTL design

Yeah that's probably a good idea.

I've got a couple MiniDSPs and I'm really happy with them.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Well what exactly do you want to do with a DSP?

I need it to be able to get rid of the dips in my individual enclosures. I need to be able to set high and low pass filters on all the enclosures. Subsonic filter. That's about all I can think of but I know I'm probably missing something. I would only be using it for the sub stage. I can hook it up to a laptop if need be. I need two outputs at the moment but up to three with my current setup.

With a MiniDSP setting high and lowpass filters is super easy and very flexible.

Getting rid of dips will be a challenge though, and its that way for any DSP. Sure you can program in a spike in output to try to counteract the dip, but most dips are caused by some kind of cancellation and increasing power won't help. One thing they may help though is your can add delay with a MiniDSP. If the dip you are getting is due to cancelation between you subs and your mids, delay can help fix that.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

With a MiniDSP setting high and lowpass filters is super easy and very flexible.

Getting rid of dips will be a challenge though, and its that way for any DSP. Sure you can program in a spike in output to try to counteract the dip, but most dips are caused by some kind of cancellation and increasing power won't help. One thing they may help though is your can add delay with a MiniDSP. If the dip you are getting is due to cancelation between you subs and your mids, delay can help fix that.

I'm so sorry, I meant to say peak. I know dips can't be really corrected. I want to fix the peaks in the QWTL with the DSP.

As for the cancellation, I think I'm okay. I've set my mids to the "small" setting on my receiver which, from what I can tell, pretty much takes all the bass out of them and sends it all to the subs. I want my small sub to take care of the sub range down to about 50 Hz (it starts to bottom out on louder volumes below that frequency) then let the bigger one take care of the rest.

Archived