Open Discussion About High Voltage Car Audio

Make sure to design some cooling into the battery rack. The watt density on those cells could cause the temperature to reach dangerous levels. Remember those two wheel hover boards? I would also recommend some type of temperature monitoring system to shut the system down in the event of over temperature and over current. I would also isolate them into as many separate banks in different locations so in the event of a mishap, the disaster can be isolated. Just thinking out loud. I love what you are doing. Keep it safe.

Thanks for the tips!

The above sketch is actually from the manufacture. I'm assuming there isn't much space going on here because of the relative small amperage flowing through the bank. Since we are using High Voltage low Amperage, there is a much lower operating temperature.

Unfortunately due to cost, there will be no over/under voltage protection. We plan on building an external BMS, that will mainly be there for balancing only. This choice was made because the operating range of the amplifier (100-400dcv), and the operating range of the Lithium bank. I think each cell can play down to 10v and charge up to 16.6v.

This whole HV thing is really still brand new to me, so caution is def taken at every angle haha.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Where would there be a good place to get some info on how to work out the maths behind this? It looks like a good option for me, cheers

Which math in particular were you looking at?

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Good stuff senchez. Looks like your doing the same shit we are, and pushing for finals. Wish you the best of luck my friend. Keep us all informed of any and all findings, opinions and suxh please. Again, like many others, best of luck getting staged for finals.

KB

Thanks Ky, I've been doing the HV since SBN16'. It def has it's advantages.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Where would there be a good place to get some info on how to work out the maths behind this? It looks like a good option for me, cheers

Well these amps work from 110v up if i can read the spanish properly on the taramps website and i have 12 x group 31 agm batteries already so i can get 144ish volts out of them. I just want to figure out what kind of power and run time i can expect without buying more batteries. Obviously it wont be exact due to resistance and box rise etc etc but it would be nice to get an idea if this is possible, or if i need to buy more batteries. Or if ill be better off running 2 of the 20.k amps as an alternative. I only have 4 x 5.0k boards at the moment so extra power would be nice but its more about the fact i dont have good charging options in my van. With this setup it seems i could demo at a show for a good few hours then head home charge it up and be ready for the next show.

DCSig.jpg

TEAM DC AUSTRALIA

13e4c3e0-74af-42b9-8d07-ebbd2b684e14_zps7d713c4c.jpg

Guys just remember, contrary to a 12v amplifier, the less amount of batteries you use the lower you can wire your final load!!!

I´m gonna be using the Stetsom 35k wired at 0.25 ohms on 14 batts for comps and 1 ohm for daily, should do about the same power/score i current have on the 14k wired at 1 ohm and gain maybe 2 dbs when i wire at 0.25 ohms... if the subs can handle the power lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Well these amps work from 110v up if i can read the spanish properly on the taramps website and i have 12 x group 31 agm batteries already so i can get 144ish volts out of them. I just want to figure out what kind of power and run time i can expect without buying more batteries. Obviously it wont be exact due to resistance and box rise etc etc but it would be nice to get an idea if this is possible, or if i need to buy more batteries. Or if ill be better off running 2 of the 20.k amps as an alternative. I only have 4 x 5.0k boards at the moment so extra power would be nice but its more about the fact i dont have good charging options in my van. With this setup it seems i could demo at a show for a good few hours then head home charge it up and be ready for the next show.

You want to buy the amp for your battery. Meaning, that would most optimize output.

The T60k, is 1700 map. It will make power anywhere from 100v to 400v. But it will make the same power as the T40k up to 200 something volts.

Basically, the only difference between the power levels, is the voltage. So in example, if you only have 144 volts, than maybe the T20k would be a better option. Or, if you just want an overbuilt amp for your battery bank, you could go higher as well.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Guys just remember, contrary to a 12v amplifier, the less amount of batteries you use the lower you can wire your final load!!!

I´m gonna be using the Stetsom 35k wired at 0.25 ohms on 14 batts for comps and 1 ohm for daily, should do about the same power/score i current have on the 14k wired at 1 ohm and gain maybe 2 dbs when i wire at 0.25 ohms... if the subs can handle the power lol

I was able to burp the T60k at .117 as well as daily. But that was only on a 30% charge. Once it was charged to 100% at 237v, it would keep protecting. I then switched to 2 amps at .24 and no problems. With 3 amps, I'm now at .33 each.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

You want to buy the amp for your battery. Meaning, that would most optimize output.

The T60k, is 1700 map. It will make power anywhere from 100v to 400v. But it will make the same power as the T40k up to 200 something volts.

Basically, the only difference between the power levels, is the voltage. So in example, if you only have 144 volts, than maybe the T20k would be a better option. Or, if you just want an overbuilt amp for your battery bank, you could go higher as well.

Yeah i was looking at one or two of the 20ks. They seem to be the best option for my battery setup.

DCSig.jpg

TEAM DC AUSTRALIA

13e4c3e0-74af-42b9-8d07-ebbd2b684e14_zps7d713c4c.jpg

Archived