Jonathan91 Posted September 16, 2016 Report Posted September 16, 2016 I got 2 ab 8"s that are dual coil 4ohm. I want to get a 2ohm load to my amp but dont know how to do it. I seen a diagram but im not sure if its the right one. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/lp/pla-8-car-subwoofers/vfl8d4?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&affiliate=googpla&scid=scplp7970863&sc_intid=90855&gclid=Cj0KEQjwsO6-BRDRy8bsxfiV2bkBEiQAF8EzKGhTt2zOpwVDriZJjhpYNvIKBrir05ZbsI8Pi8cFCRQaAj2Q8P8HAQ http://www.sonicelectronix.com/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/2_subs_DVC_4_ohm_2ch.jpg I hooked up a ohm reader and it read 2ohm on each sub using the diagram above. My amp is 2ohm stable so it should work?
RainStryke Posted September 16, 2016 Report Posted September 16, 2016 If you are hooking it up to a 2 channel amplifier that is 2OHM stable, then yeah... It should work. What amp are you using?
Jonathan91 Posted September 16, 2016 Author Report Posted September 16, 2016 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1638_Performance-Teknique-ICBM-896.html i know its but i got it free so i cant complain lol, its a temporary amp for now. So it should be fine?
reedal Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 last time I checked, two dual 4ohm voice coil subs can only be wired to 1ohm, 4ohm, and 16 ohm. not 2ohm. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Kevin Miller Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 last time I checked, two dual 4ohm voice coil subs can only be wired to 1ohm, 4ohm, and 16 ohm. not 2ohm. It's a 2 channel amp.
reedal Posted September 18, 2016 Report Posted September 18, 2016 last time I checked, two dual 4ohm voice coil subs can only be wired to 1ohm, 4ohm, and 16 ohm. not 2ohm. It's a 2 channel amp. ahh, guess i should have checked the links. my bad OP SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
RainStryke Posted September 19, 2016 Report Posted September 19, 2016 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1638_Performance-Teknique-ICBM-896.html i know its but i got it free so i cant complain lol, its a temporary amp for now. So it should be fine? Should be fine.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.