Shush Deeni Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 I'm trying to build a ported enclosure for an eclipse SW8152DVC. I had to email eclipse in order to obtain specs on this sub. I modeled the sub in winisd and bb6, and tbis is what I came up with. A 2.51 cubic foot box tuned to 30hz. Dimensions are: 15.5 × 31 × 14.125. Port dimensions are: 14 × 1.8125 × 25. Port ratio is: 1:7.72. The sub response in a ported enclosure is very flat with no peaks, which I thought was odd. Specs are: Re: 3.1 ohms Fs: 27hz Vas: 6.10 ft3 Spl w/m: 91.1db Sd: 0.0844 m2 Qts: 0.39 Qes: 0.420 Qms: 5.0 Woofer displacement: 0.12 cubic feet My question is if this enclosure is built right for this sub. I would like some opinions from the more experienced box builders on this forum. Thanks in advance.
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 How much power are you going to be running? The port aspect ratio is higher than I like to see. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Shush Deeni Posted September 17, 2016 Author Report Posted September 17, 2016 It's a 500 watt rms sub,but heard it'll eat 1,000 with ease. I'll probably put 800 watts to it.
Shush Deeni Posted September 19, 2016 Author Report Posted September 19, 2016 No love for the eclipse.
Shush Deeni Posted October 5, 2016 Author Report Posted October 5, 2016 Scrapped the ported box and built a 4th order. This sub sounds nice and is louder than my AB XFL 1522, which is in a 3.5 cube box tuned to 35hz.
Shush Deeni Posted October 12, 2016 Author Report Posted October 12, 2016 Haven't taken any pictures yet. Have been at work and working on family members cars, so the 4th order hasn't been finished. Mostly just cosmetic touch ups here and there, but as soon as I get it finished I'll post a pic. It sounds nice though.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.