DD-1 issue no 40hz detect

JerryLZ

I wish it was fixed but I'm not there yet. I was saying that I had forgot to turn my knob back up for when I initially was testing the RCAs like he told me. But I had realized that while I was driving and when I got to where I was going I turned it up and re-tested so now tomorrow I'll pull out my dmm and see what kind of readings I can get.

Hey OP, any update on the results? I'm hoping it's just a simple slip up with the filters, and your amp isn't dead or malfunctioning.

Hey OP, any update on the results? I'm hoping it's just a simple slip up with the filters, and your amp isn't dead or malfunctioning.

No not yet... I actually even managed to tune my old amp that I sold to my brother in law so I'm definitely aware of the process but I'm not sure what else to do. I bought this SCV2000 from a well known forum member so it has me thinking now.

It's possible that something may have been broken loose during the rough shipping process (assuming you didn't buy face-face). Check to see what kind of AC output you're getting from the amp, if any. Obviously, if you can do it on one amp, but it doesn't work on another, that rules out operator error, for the most part ;)

Maybe someone who's used the amp before can give you a specific number, but I'm just looking for a sign of anything at all. If you get AC voltage out, but still no 40hz detect on the DD-1, then you have a filtering issue, in which case you can either send the amp to someone for repair, or look for a new amp. I'd rather have it repaired personally, because under normal conditions, that's a good amp to have, and should perform above expectations.

Well I just got in touch with a reputable amp repairman who frequents the sundown forums and I've seen his posts and reviews on work he's done so I'm just going to go that route and have the whole thing looked over. He's actually pretty local to me so about a 50 mile drive and I can just drop it off in person. Appreciate all the help but turns out it's the amp after all.

Archived