Second Skin Audio

AA havoc subs 4th order friendly?

Jhensley209

How did you plan on designing this 4th order? In all honesty, if you are going to design this. If you need to ask if a sub can work in a 4th, you are no were near ready to design and build one.

I do plan to design and build the box i was just looking for help on whether or not these subs will work well in a 4th order enclosure.

Yeah they can. How much experience do you have with designing? I have been messing around with car audio for years and still feel like a complete and utter noob. 4th and 6th orders are definitely very tricky to get a good design on. If you plan to attempt a 4th, plan to build a box with a removable port. Most people don't usually get a design right 1st try on those style boxes. They usually need a bit of tweaking to get them right.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

How did you plan on designing this 4th order? In all honesty, if you are going to design this. If you need to ask if a sub can work in a 4th, you are no were near ready to design and build one.

I do plan to design and build the box i was just looking for help on whether or not these subs will work well in a 4th order enclosure.

Yeah they can. How much experience do you have with designing? I have been messing around with car audio for years and still feel like a complete and utter noob. 4th and 6th orders are definitely very tricky to get a good design on. If you plan to attempt a 4th, plan to build a box with a removable port. Most people don't usually get a design right 1st try on those style boxes. They usually need a bit of tweaking to get them right.
I have a pretty small car so Im going to have to build inside the trunk. I was planning on going aero port so i can change the tuning. Do you know the recommended port area for these 2 12s?

I have a pretty small car so Im going to have to build inside the trunk. I was planning on going aero port so i can change the tuning. Do you know the recommended port area for these 2 12s?

I don't know what port area those would need. how big of a trunk do you have? A 4th for 2 12's can be a decent size.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I don't know what port area those would need. how big of a trunk do you have? A 4th for 2 12's can be a decent size.
I have like 42" wide by 18" tall and 24" deep so i think i can barely fit the box but i will have to build it inside the trunk

That possibly could work. I would suggest building a ported box to start out with and then slowly working on a design and gathering info and knowledge to work on a design for a 4th.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Well use the search tool to look up some topics. There are some on here with VAST amounts of information for that specific design style. Get ready to tweak, listen, tweak, listen, tweak, listen.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm