well my ole van has the 300 4.9l straight 6 in it and the exhaust man. is fucked, cracked all over, and the smog pump plug fell out the other day and now my van is loud with the radio off or on lol and i cant stand it, so tommrow im thinking about buying this header set for the van (mfg replacement is the same price of 165 plus shipping) so im going with the one with no smog hole in it. but this is a wild looking header, and im wondering exactly how i should do the exhaust, get a y pipe and combine them after the collector and run the exh. from there back thru factory thats still good or go with duals out the back with a decent muffler?/./..... what would perform the best,? im not looking for extra power just quiet in the van while going down the road.....lol and looking i see they have a intake as well for 200 or so for a 4 barr carb... i would be with gas prices like they are lol...

just thinking , i could do single out on each side of the van rite behind the driver and passenger door, and hook up a flame thrower kit lol....

header.jpg

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

yea that would prob be the easiset way, since my fact exhaust is fine, and that way all i would have to do is get a little bit of pipe,y pipe and maybe a new hanger or something...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

What year van is it? If you currently have a cat on it, the law says that you must retain it.

If you do not have a cat, for simplicity reasons, I'd Y the pipes together above the rear axle and put them both into a single muffler. If you free flow it too much you will run the motor too lean. If it's carbed, with a free flowing exhaust, you'll want to have the jets tuned.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

lol sadly someone took the cat off the van before i bought the van.. but im going to buy the header and take it to the muffler shop and have them put it on, so if they strip a bolt they can get it out and fix it lol, and they even make up a helper bar to support the intake, the man. and intake are a buddy system set up afterall