Second Skin Audio

Some Box Help?

natemikegray

Okay im not going to touch your last post because there is some much wrong in it. so lets start over.

1) What are your goals? you say you want the lows what does that mean exactly? What music do you listen 2?

2) The quality of sub, power, and box porting will all factor into how well it plays the lows. building a box twice as big as necessary will not guarantee the lows.

3) Are you open to suggestions on sub? You are wanting to build a huge box and use a sub that is designed to fit into smallish boxes.

4) How much room do you actually have? As mentioned above I doubt if it is 8 cubes in that little car. remember to factor in amps, batteries, wiring and all the other crap you will have to mount to run a couple of 15's.

My goals is to get lows. I listen to just about everything, but when I say "lows" I'm talking songs like "Mi casa su casa - Decaf" and "Be Like Me - Decaf".

I know for a fact that I can get at least a 7 cube box in there (and that is with the wood already factored out). I was going to build an amp rack and battery rack on my rear deck and just remove the speakers.

I am completely open to suggestions for subwoofers. I am just trying to get those lows and I'm trying to get the most amount of power out of my amps which is 1400wrms@1ohm. I was originally going to go with RE's Sxxv2's, but I don't want to spend $500-600 on a couple sub's. So, for budget wise those NVX's work perfect. I can get 2 on eBay for around $380

2001 Tahoe

No system. Not even aftermarket headunit.

My current box is 4 cubes with 2 RE Sexv2 12d4's wired to 1 ohm running to a single Cadence Ultrashock A7HC. The box is tuned to 35hz. I can play as low as about 30-32hz, and then anything lower drops off. I could build a be box, or just change out the ports, but I wanted to upgrade sub's, and wanted 15's so I could play lows (under 35hz).

2001 Tahoe

No system. Not even aftermarket headunit.

Archived