Sundown Audio

Lanzer opti 700x2

crownvictoria31

Sounds like the gain is too high. Does it do this with the gain all the way down?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

When turning on the mp3? Like turning on the power? If the amp is powered then I would expect a pop.

Pioneer 80PRS

Sounds like the gain is too high. Does it do this with the gain all the way down?

Yes. This is the issue i am having. Even with the gain all down on the amp the hissing and pop is still there. On top of that, i can here the the volume knob on the radio when lowering or putting up the volume. When i lower the radio to zero i get a pop.

What head unit? I got a boss one time that would pop when changing tracks. Even the mute button would pop. Some head units have a fuse on the RCA shield that will blow when swapping around RCA's.

Pioneer 80PRS

Ok, so yesterday took my time and re did most of the install. So on top pf having my Lanzer I also have a RF r600x4 which is pushing my 2 tweeters on my rear deck on the rear ch of the amp and the front 6" mids seleniums on my front doors running off the front channels of the amp. Once again, my Lanzer opti is pushing my 4 10" crescendo pwx mids on rear deck.

So 1st thing I did was swapped my wifes pioneer head unit from her car into mine. This didn't solve nothing. swapped over my pioneer dehp6000ub back in. Just want to let you guys know that my pioneer head unit has all rca's on the rear of the radio grounded do to the pico fuse. I then started messing around with the RCA's again. So 1st removed the RCA's from behind the head unit and everything was silent. No noise no nothing. Plugged back in and noise is back(popping when turning car off, hissing, static and you can actually hear the radio buttons when being pushed or even the volume when cranking it down and up. Then you get a small pop when volume reaches zero. I then went back to the speakers. Removed the rear mids and checked for wiring connections and all is good. tried playing music with speakers removed from rear deck and noise is still there. installed mids back in there fiberglassed rear deck. So far im ruling out radio issue and mids issues.

I removed the rca's from the lanzer amps and still noise is there. then removed the rcas from the RF amp the tweeters channel and noise is still there. Plugged the Rcas back to the Lanzer and the tweeters. Removed the rcas from the RF front channels and BOOM!!!!!!!!!! noise gone atleast a good 80-85% of it. Plugged rcas back in and noise back. So all this time, most of the noise was coming from the front speakers and it was some how being distributed through out the whole car???? Didn't get a chance to check out the front speakers and see whats going on there but they are unplugged from the amp. So will solving this issue, now I go to another.

Either my radio is really old at 9 years of heavy use or I have a ground issue now. So with volume at 54 on the head unit which max is 62, and amp on a gain of 75%, it it just does not sound as loud as I would think it would sound. I can tell that my mids are asking for more. So I go on with installing my audio control matrix plus 6 ch line driver. When installed, I get all issues as before but way louder. The static, hissing and pop is back but way louder. All volumes were at 0. this includes radio, amp and the matrix. I followed the directions for adjusting the matrix. with the volume on the head unit at 50 and the matrix half way and amp on zero, I am getting the worst noise ever. The gain on the amp hasn't even been touched and im getting the issue with the loud pop when volume on radio at to zero and the hissing and static is still there. Tried running a new set of rcas I had laying around(Rcokford fosgate directly from the head unit and the matrix and nothing changed. Removed the matrix and issue settled to a good 80% again.

My old system was 4 8" seleniums with 4 tweeters on rear deck. The 4 seleniums where being pushed by a MB quart 500x2 RMS amp. Mids were 8 ohms each and I had them bridged to 4 ohms per pair receiveing a good amount of power. Had my audio control matrix installed and also a 5 channel MB quart running my 2 subs at 500 watts RMS and my tweeters and front mids. Not a single noise. Had my big 3 done with 1/0 gauge wire and all. Now I move to a bigger system and this is killing me.

Two things that are different from my last install is that I upped my big 3 gauge to 2/0 because I had the cables and figured I installed them and also added 2 more grounds cable in 2/0. also, I had my mechanic install a external voltage regulator for my alternator. I have a crown vic with a heavy duty p71 200 amp alternator. These 2 updates were all done in between the removal of old system and install of new. What are the odds that maybe the external voltage regulator has something to do with this issue?

Does it do this with the engine off or only when running?

Pioneer 80PRS

So my friend lend me his Fluke to check all my grounds. I seen a few you tube videos and how it should be less then .2 for good grounds which I don't believe this is my case but who knows right?

I also found my stock alternator which has not been modified with no external regulator but its a 135amp one. I will check this out as well and she whats going on.

Archived