Jump to content

Help With USB problem


Recommended Posts

Posted

So, i'm coming along with my little camera modification project. In order to power my LED I had to tap into the power/ground wire of the USB. In order to do this I had to completely cut the USB. Well...the power works just fine. LED on the camera lights up the and the IR LED lights up just fine BUT now there is no data transfer from the camera to the computer. I can post a pic of the error message once I get off working and get to my room (like literally 20ft away from me). It says something to the effect of the USB device is malfunctioning and Windows has terminated it. I've tried reconnecting the data wires as securely as I possibly can and it's still not working. I really need to get this fixed ASAP. I was lucky enough to have the project deadline extended to this coming Tuesday but it's coming up on me fast and I still have to run/edit code once the camera is working.

Posted

You'll probably want another cable. TBH tap not cut

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

You'll probably want another cable. TBH tap not cut

1.) What would be the easiest way to tap into it?

2.) The USB is connected directly to the camera. Any way to disconnect it? The only labels on the connector are 1, 2, 3, CNJST. First plastic prong is labeled p and the last is labeled 5 (reading from right to left).

Posted

This is the error message that pops up

q1eAmBQ.png

This is the properties window in device manager

ViGnPDR.png

Posted

Oh lawdy thank you I got it to work. It's super ghetto but it works and it will hold. That's what matters to me right now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9656 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...