IKnowImLost224 Posted October 24, 2016 Report Posted October 24, 2016 1 SAZ-3500 2 12" Eminent Audio 2K D4's (1 Ohm) 1 Kinetik HC3800, And a datasafe (Same size but forgot specs) Sony radio with 5V pre-outs (Forgot model) I know the box is a little small, but it's about max dimensions for my malibu. Just want to make sure port looks good before I go building.
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 25, 2016 Report Posted October 25, 2016 Without the specs for your subs I can only make an educated guess, but I think you are quite a bit short on port area. I realize space is at a premium so compromises will need to be made, but if you could fit some more port area some how, it would be good. I'd like to see at least 60 sq in if possible. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
IKnowImLost224 Posted October 25, 2016 Author Report Posted October 25, 2016 Name= Emient 12 cast EA2000 motor Note= 04.29.2011 Model= TSL Domain= FreeAir Shape= Round Profile= Cone Fmd= 3.0000 KA Qmd= 1.0000 Flp= 8.0000 KA Qlp= 2.0000 Znom= 1.0000 Ohm Revc= 2.0000 Ohm Sd= 55.0000E-3 M² Mmd= 222.4670 g Pmax= 2.5000E3 W Rtvc= 1.0000 °C/W Xgap= 20.0000 mm Xcoil= 60.0000 mm Xmax= 20.0000 mm Krm= 9.9300 mOhm Erm= 884.0000E-3 Kxm= 95.3000 mH Exm= 520.0000E-3 Rms= 7.0417 N·S/M Mms= 229.8800 g Cms= 67.6700 uM/N Vas= 29.2376 Ltr Fo= 40.3526 Hz Qms= 8.2770 Qes= 0.6112 Qts= 0.5692 BL= 13.8100 T·M Levc= 1.4320E-3 H SPLo= 86.8090 dB No= 301.3000E-3 % * End
IKnowImLost224 Posted October 25, 2016 Author Report Posted October 25, 2016 I was messing around with a 4" port last night but after getting the tuning where I want I think I was around 2.5-2.75 ft net. Wanted to do a aero originally but everyone was suggesting a 8" aero. Would be hard to tune to anything less than like 46 hz with the space I have
ckeeler11 Posted October 25, 2016 Report Posted October 25, 2016 you would probably better off doing 1 12". It would be alot more efficient since you would be able to give it the required space and port area.
IKnowImLost224 Posted October 25, 2016 Author Report Posted October 25, 2016 Already have one D2 installed. Same sub and setup as I listed above, just wanted to get 2 installed lol
IKnowImLost224 Posted October 26, 2016 Author Report Posted October 26, 2016 anyone else have a suggestion?
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 26, 2016 Report Posted October 26, 2016 Like ckeeler11 said, you are probably better off with the single 12", you just don't have the room to do two 12"s properly. If you can find a way to get more space that would change things. Another option would be to run two 10"s. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
IKnowImLost224 Posted October 26, 2016 Author Report Posted October 26, 2016 Damn okay... I had originally bought 3 of these. Got one re-coned as a D2 first and the other two as D4's a few months later. Didn't realize I would run into this much of a issue with the space in this car
ckeeler11 Posted October 26, 2016 Report Posted October 26, 2016 did not look at specs but you could run sealed, but then a single 12 in a proper ported box will most likely be louder than 2 12's sealed. unless you really up the power.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.