Second Skin Audio

Alpine Type x Box Help

Mr DeeBeez

A friend wants a box made for his Type X 12. Will be powered on a memphis audio 1k.

I tried designing the box myself but having difficulties. Could someone please help me design one. Triticum or joe x?

Desired tuning is 30-32hz, and net volume of about 1.8 cu ft

max dimensions are: 33" wide, 15" tall, 12.5 deep

Thank you for any help

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Here is something on your specs, if it takes all width and height of the trunk better fire forward sealed off, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/8", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

10nxl37.jpg

17fozq.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I learned a very important lesson after building this box. MAKE SURE THE SUB ISNT TOO DEEP FOR THE BOX. Lol. The sub was too deep and hit the port wall before it was all the way in the box. Luckily the guy was cool about it and I'm just gonna put two more sheets of wood on the baffle to move the sub away from the port

Hopefully there is no heating issues with the pole vent being only an inch from the port wall.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Based on the data I have Type X 12 (SWX-1243D or SWX-1242D) have a mounting depth of 8 5/8" and should fit without a fix so I wonder how you got this issue:

topview.jpg

This sub looks to be designed to deal with a somewhat low pole vent clearance but if you would like to increase clearance anyways you can just do MDF rings as this keeps the box lighter.

yeah the sub presses right up against the port wall and makes the sub sit about 1/4" out of the box. Thats pretty much what im doing. I am adding 2 square pieces of wood to the baffle. Not an entire baffle.

Was just going to add one piece but i dont think 1/2" betweem pole vent and port wall would be adequate for cooling.

Wasnt a huge deal man. Its all good

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived