Second Skin Audio

Some ideas for an enclosure for a 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab

sumgruuvz

One thing to look at in WinIsd is Excursion and port velocity (if looking at ported enclosure). The subs may not like the enclosure you're proposing. If you notice that the sub's excursion limit is being reached on less power than you plan on running, then that may not be the right option for you. The TFM graph gives you an idea of how the sub would perform in an open field. Granted, it does change quiet a bit once inside the cabin of a vehicle, it can give you some indication on how it's going to sound, especially if you know how the cabin of your specific vehicle changes the frequency response of a speaker (such as big peaks or dips). My suggestion would be to find some speakers that you like and make a test box to the specs you want and see how it performs. If you like it, get glassing. If not, then alter it in some way until you get what you're looking for.

I most definitely have. And with the subs I had in mind, the sundown gives me a qtc of about .739 with the enclosure I currently own. It would be a simple drop in and done. The others on the other hand, are not so great. I believe the RE was around 1.4 qtc and peaked significantly around 40-45 hz area. Which that is fine if I listened to music that was predominately in that range. But I don't. I believe the cabin gain frequency peak is around 55-60 hz. Last I checked but I'm not verifying that by any means with a meter. It was just using test tones from dd's app. That was where it was the loudest. So I figured with what the Sundown gave me in WINISD, that it looks like it would be my best bet, sealed or with a pr. With a pr, it's amazing at how flat it was using a 1.25 cu.ft. enclosure. That was impressive to me. Granted it will be different once installed, but it sure looks pretty on paper. Thanks for the advice.

I got 2 p1 12's in 3 cubes sealed under my seat with a 1" lift.

6F6436B5-C629-48DA-AF62-317AB832B9FC_zps

48A47487-3143-466B-952B-E344A4506BFA_zps

C02A4FAD-2317-45EA-BE1B-D3112DCEC2DC_zps

Is it ported on the wall side? I can't tell. I've got a good idea from looking at pics on the netaudiowf.com website for a glass enclosure. But like I said, I may just go with a simple sub swap when time comes for that. I've decided to save up to deaden the truck. It's loud in there driving on the highway. I figure deadening it first will give me my biggest and most improvement for sound.

Archived