94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

5 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

Can't wait to see the finished install!

Thanks man! Its all about how much time i can dedicate to getting it done. I hope to have it for 3 days next week but work will determine that as well.

Couple pics of the the equipment going into the build. Its my off season and i had a chance to got back to work for a week but the Alaska weather is stretching out to be 2 weeks long for 5 days of work. Kinda getting to be not worth it when it keeps pushing all my projects behind.

IMG_2714_zpstgukf8z5.jpg

IMG_2715_zpsazgiticu.jpg

Better get started. Thats a nice stash of equipment. 

So have you made the final decision on what exact equipment you are going to use? 

Give us a rundown on what you have as far as amps, power to each of the speakers ect. Thats always exciting to have all the rms specs and info like that. 

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

7 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

Better get started. Thats a nice stash of equipment. 

So have you made the final decision on what exact equipment you are going to use? 

Give us a rundown on what you have as far as amps, power to each of the speakers ect. Thats always exciting to have all the rms specs and info like that. 

Thanks, considering its about a $500 build i think it has some decent beginner equipment.

Not 100% on what speakers i will be using until i have the vehicle apart for locations in the doors, dash and kick panels. There will be some time spent testing speaker locations and how they sound.

HU: Pioneer DEH-X7800 Passive( has active capabilities )

RF Prime 250x4. Birth sheet puts it at about 70+ rms per ch. All channel will run front stage. Using RF y-cables to split the signal.

RF Prime 1000.1D running at 4 ohm 

CH's 1 & 2 for 4" Faital Pro's(60 watts rms) & CT sound twt's of a RF T1 passive crossover

CH's 3 & 4 for 5.25" CT Sounds for mid-bass (Possible 6.5" T1's) 

So 300+ watts for the front stage.

RF P142's off HU for rear stage.

Subs: RF P2 12's in factory box at 4 ohms getting 500 watts.

Amps located under driver and passenger seats raised up of the floor for protection, wire management and cooling.

Are you running the CTs active off the deck or off a passive crossover or using the cross over on the amp?  Do you think it needs a rear stage?

I think she is lucky to have you as a Dad. You rock bud. That is going to sound killer. Crap I am excited.... LOL

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

16 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Are you running the CTs active off the deck or off a passive crossover or using the cross over on the amp?  Do you think it needs a rear stage?

I think she is lucky to have you as a Dad. You rock bud. That is going to sound killer. Crap I am excited.... LOL

HU is pretty nice, if i knew what the high level outputs did in network mode i would run it active but i want to be about to crossover the 4" at a certain frequency and the 5.25's. The HU has crossover points in standard mode as well so i will set the cross over for 100 hz for front. HP ch 1 &2 for 120-150? which ever makes the 4" sound the best. And the LP ch 3 & 4 with some overlap for the 5.25's to take care of mid-bass.

Sub may have to handle 100hz and down to help out mid-bass if i use the 5.25's. If i use the T1 6.5" the it would be set at 80hz.

Rear fill isnt a must, but i know she has passengers and with the subs right behind the rear seat it would be nice for them to hear something other than bass. Plus i have the speakers and it wont be to involved to sound deaden and put them in. Unlike the front doors witch will be treated heavy on the deadening. I dont have much acoustic foam so i will have to get creative there.

Ya i dont think she likes me very much, kinda why she moved out. But it will be a good gift from her dick head dad. I am a harsh parent, i dont have a liberal bone in my body and i come from a conservative up bringing so it will be passed on to my kids. No fucking Liberal pussy in my house hold. My 9 yr old step son try's to be a liberal already and told him that shit don't fly here. This is a monarchy and when he is 18 and out on his own he can do what the fuck pleases him then. My way or the highway!   

I hear ya man. I raise my kids the same way. My youngest is learning the hard way but my oldest is very respectful. He loves going to church and to youth group. He is in the higher learning classes at school and is very smart ( takes after his mom not me lol). I really don't foresee a problem with him but his brother hell yes. I will have to work with him and keep a close eye on who he is hanging out with and what he is doing. I was raised that if I wanted to do what I wanted and not what my step Dad wanted he would take me outside and see if I was man enough. I never was. I left home at 17 ( well kicked out) and had to take care of myself. I don't want my kids dependent on me and they know already that when they turn 18 they are out. Unless they go to collage and then they can stay as long as they help out. I am a hard ass now so I wont have to be so much later. Wife doesn't understand it but she will later trust me.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

3 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

I hear ya man. I raise my kids the same way. My youngest is learning the hard way but my oldest is very respectful. He loves going to church and to youth group. He is in the higher learning classes at school and is very smart ( takes after his mom not me lol). I really don't foresee a problem with him but his brother hell yes. I will have to work with him and keep a close eye on who he is hanging out with and what he is doing. I was raised that if I wanted to do what I wanted and not what my step Dad wanted he would take me outside and see if I was man enough. I never was. I left home at 17 ( well kicked out) and had to take care of myself. I don't want my kids dependent on me and they know already that when they turn 18 they are out. Unless they go to collage and then they can stay as long as they help out. I am a hard ass now so I wont have to be so much later. Wife doesn't understand it but she will later trust me.

Exactly.... main problem with this country is the last few generations are spoiled pussy's that dont know what a tough life is! this country needs a reset button to the 1940's when we HAD to work together to win a world war or this nation would be under a different flag! I too left home at 17. Worked almost everyday of my life, earned what i got, even if it was getting in trouble. I have had to work a 22 hr day before and come back to work in 4 hrs. Been waste deep in sewage, corn dripping off me and still plowed through to get the job done. Its call work ethic, nobodies gonna give me anything for nothing. Had to work my ass off my whole life, now my 25 yr old son does the same and so does my 18 yr old daughter. 

For being the greatest nation on the planet in the mid 40's this country is full of pussy's that would give a minute let alone there life to save what we once our great nation. Sad AMERICA these days. Hopefully something will happen sometime soon to change that. Oh i am a huge history buff, wish i cared in school as much as i do now. LIve and learn right.

Finish the job today and have everything ready in the garage so hopefully the daughter can give me the SideKick sunday to get started. Like to see how i am going to do speaker placement, it's really the only thing i don't have worked out.

Archived