Jump to content

Pre amp line driver


r.sok

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I have a question. I have an eq/line driver with a master volume on it. Do I match my amps gains to the head unit of eq? If so do I max the volume on the eq and then set the head unit volume to 3/4 an set the gains from there?

Posted

no. The 3/4 volume rule you see on yahoo answers and some other sites found on google is not what you should go by at all, ever.You use a tool that can detect distortion in an analog signal, measure the signal of your HU to find maximum distortion-free volume, then connect HU to EQ and adjust EQ output until you reach max distortion-free (unless the voltage goes higher than your amps max input voltage, in which case, back it down to that voltage), and then connect output of EQ to amp, and match amp gain to input voltage/measure the signal as you turn it up and stop when you see distortion. an O-Scope or DD-1 would be the tool you want to use for this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1090 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...