Jump to content

Ever find it hard to upgrade your midbass when they're already so good?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm just wondering how many on here find it hard to upgrade your midbass sound system because you're 100% satisfied with what you currently have.

These were the upgrades I've done in the past:

Elemental Designs eDi 6500's (Company now bankrupt) --> DLS MS6A's --> Hybrid Audio Unity U61-2 6.5"" --> Hybrid Audio Clarus C61-2 [What I'm using now]

As far as subwoofer setups, there is always room for upgrades because you can never have enough bass. I'd rather not upgrade the bass at the moment because I'm pretty content with the DC5K+ 2x 12" XLM2's. Midbass speakers, however, are hard to keep upgrading once you find the right setup.

Subs Turned off

SUbs turned on:

IMG_0003.JPG

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Midbass speakers, however, are hard to keep upgrading once you find the right setup.

Why would you keep attempting to upgrade once you've found something you're happy with?

Posted

Midbass speakers, however, are hard to keep upgrading once you find the right setup.

Why would you keep attempting to upgrade once you've found something you're happy with?

I get curious and always wanting to upgrade to something else to see if it can get any better; however, at this point in my sound stage, it would cost too much for me :(

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Midbass speakers, however, are hard to keep upgrading once you find the right setup.

Why would you keep attempting to upgrade once you've found something you're happy with?

I get curious and always wanting to upgrade to something else to see if it can get any better; however, at this point in my sound stage, it would cost too much for me :(

If you're satisfied, then stop here. Later down the road if you hear something you think is better then reconsider. Why fix what isn't broken?

Posted

If you're satisfied, then stop here. Later down the road if you hear something you think is better then reconsider. Why fix what isn't broken?

I totally second this statement. I understand the drive to tweak and upgrade your sub stage to get louder and or lower, but with mid bass I feel like you can quickly reach a point of diminishing returns. Unless your adding more drivers and power, not just replacing equipment.

Posted

^

True. Hmm. I would upgrade my XLM2's but I have a Camry and room is limited with my trunk setup :(

Sometimes I wished I had a bigger vehicle so I can just keep adding more subs and batteries.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

^

True. Hmm. I would upgrade my XLM2's but I have a Camry and room is limited with my trunk setup :(

Sometimes I wished I had a bigger vehicle so I can just keep adding more subs and batteries.

Could always experiment with different subs. Different sizes/power handling and different amounts of power until you find something you like. Not necessarily the loudest but what you think sounds the best and suits your specific wants. Listen to what other people have and experiment.

Posted

Added a video to show off the Hybrid Audio speakers ~_~

Subs Turned off

Subs turned on:

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 569 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...