Viper 791 Xv Door Lock Problem

I actually had a 20% strip put on the windshield so that I could hide the antenna cuz it so long. But ive even tryed arming/disarming from inside the car and it still does it sometimes.

The strip is what's fucking with it. Most tints contain a good chunk of metallic. We tint at my shop also, and tell customers not to put a tint strip where the antenna is because it will casue problems 99% of the time.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

But then why does it still do it when im inside the car? (im pretty sure it still did it inside...ill try it again when I get my car back from goodyear)

Ya it still does it from inside the car...any idea why that is?

is there any sort of metalic tint(factory blue) where the antenna is mounted? if so move it below and try again.

that won't make that big of a deal with the dei 2 way alarms/rs

the problem lies within the remote itself usually sometimes one of the capacitors inside will come loose( give it a light shake if you here the rattle ...)

,with some patience and a steady hand they can be fixed .

Most of them need replaced tho. At least it still arms and disarms .

Oh and a word of advice know how to use your valet switch !

one other thing is those remotes eat batteries they claim a 3 month life but i change mine every month and have had a problem .

• 2 weeks later...

I did hear a little rattle so I opened it up and it all looks good from what I see. but could it still be the remote? If it could...where could I get a new one for cheap?

ebay

Archived