Viper 791 Xv Door Lock Problem

I just hooked up my 791 xv alarm and everything works except the door locks. I dont have power locks so I put actuators in and hooked them up but they wont lock when I arm the alarm. Both actuators work cuz I tested them on a battery, they just wont work when I arm the alarm.

Any input would be very helpful. Thx.

I just hooked up my 791 xv alarm and everything works except the door locks. I dont have power locks so I put actuators in and hooked them up but they wont lock when I arm the alarm. Both actuators work cuz I tested them on a battery, they just wont work when I arm the alarm.

Any input would be very helpful. Thx.

I dont think that model has built in door lock relays. did you add 2 relays to the wires off the brain?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I did not...my last alarm didnt need em so I figured this one wouldnt. And the instructions hardly say anything bout the door locks...alls it says is light blue wire=(+)lock (-)unlock green wire=(-)lock (+)unlock and that makes no sense to me :lol:

yea you need relays those outputs are prolly only 500ma you can get 2 standard relays and wire them like this:

Posted Image

or you could buy a module

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-451M-Door-Lock-Rel...Q2em118Q2el1247

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

yea you need relays those outputs are prolly only 500ma you can get 2 standard relays and wire them like this:

Posted Image

or you could buy a module

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-451M-Door-Lock-Rel...Q2em118Q2el1247

That's a nice diagram.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

I have the same alarm and it requires modules to lock the doors. I unhooked my battery the other day and then my alarm wouldnt lock my doors, so I took it back to the shop and they said they just needed to be reprogrammed.

Different cars use different modules/relay packs... they don't all REQUIRE a module. Prolly 3/4 of the remote starts/alarms I do don't require anything.... maybe a resistor if that.

You probably have something that is databus controlled.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Different cars use different modules/relay packs... they don't all REQUIRE a module. Prolly 3/4 of the remote starts/alarms I do don't require anything.... maybe a resistor if that.

You probably have something that is databus controlled.

refer to #1 post. he has after market act.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

refer to #1 post. he has after market act.

Look at my post, I was replying to someone else.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived