Jump to content

Sound Skips sometimes on basshit?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello guys, I've noticed just recently that all of my sounds in the car sometime skips for a brief half second when the bass hits. I'm running a

Kenwood X895 and I am using my ipod connected to the usb port. This just started happening ever since I took my DC XLM2 subs out to add felt pads. The voltage is not dropping below 12.5 on the stinger meter either. Is my headunit going bad maybe? Or is something shorting out in my car?

Weather has been a bit cold lately when this started happening.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Probly a loose usb connection. If u use the usb alot they will wear out and get loose. Just like any connection that your constantly plugging and unplugging.

Posted

get a real volt meter and test

?? The stinger volt meter was calibrated before I installed it to the vehicle so it should be fairly accurate...

Are you saying I should upgrade to that meade meter? I saw that youtube video where the meade meter displayed a more precise voltage reading where the other volt meters didn't even read the low voltage drop.

Meh. I don't think a meade meter would help in this case though. I wonder if it's the USB port on my headunit like someone else suggested.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1090 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...