Vehicle: Chevy Tahoe (1997)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

copy the URL of the photos you want to upload and place img at the end, but without the spaces inbetween the IMG and bracket. or if you're using photoucket, copy and paste the IMG code

Alright, so I got some pics up for viewing. Amp rack I made entirely from scrap MDF and on my own. That alone took awhile to make, due to irragular shapes and made a few cut outs on the from edge so the seats in place don't interfere with it. I originally had 4 RE SE 10's back there. The 15's Are of course replaced them. Had those 10's for an unbeliveable amount of time prob 7-8 years straight!! Think I might have a few pics of the SE's I'll upload them later.

Here's a vid I made this past summer of them playing...

• 1 month later...

I love ducktape!! So many uses for it. This would be the drivers side door. Had to make a few baffles from 1/4" wood I had laying around behind the 6.5" mids to make sure the window cleared when going up and down and didn't hit the back of the magnet. Had to get a good place for the x-over. Heat shrink involved. Zip ties a must. Mind you, I did everything myself.

719_zpscepjccvo.jpg

Next step: amp rack. I was gonna do a large one in the very back but after looking for so many ideas/pics online, I ran across someone that owns a Tahoe as well and had his amps under the rear seats. That's it I thought. Glad I made the decision. Made from scrap 3/4" MDF, had notched here and there, test fit, bondo screw holes, sanded edges smooth,  etc. I would say this took me good 2-3 weeks to complete.

471_zpsresxs8og.jpg

466_zpsvmrtdsvc.jpg

467_zps9k8s1wel.jpg

So what amps? Well, I found a matching pair for a good deal I landed: Old school Planet Audio.  Drilled holes for the power wire, ground and remote and spkr wires also RCA's. And bought some gromments and hardware while I was at it.

478_zpsdlnw26wl.jpg

Archived