Jump to content

Vehicle: Chevy Tahoe (1997)


Recommended Posts

Posted

copy the URL of the photos you want to upload and place img at the end, but without the spaces inbetween the IMG and bracket. or if you're using photoucket, copy and paste the IMG code

Posted

Alright, so I got some pics up for viewing. Amp rack I made entirely from scrap MDF and on my own. That alone took awhile to make, due to irragular shapes and made a few cut outs on the from edge so the seats in place don't interfere with it. I originally had 4 RE SE 10's back there. The 15's Are of course replaced them. Had those 10's for an unbeliveable amount of time prob 7-8 years straight!! Think I might have a few pics of the SE's I'll upload them later.

Here's a vid I made this past summer of them playing...

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Gonna start all over...see if I can do this better. The vehicle of course, nothing special. No 22" rims or anything. Can't afford them. 1997 4 dr Tahoe

 

624_zpsy1ad7o9m.jpg

Posted

Ok so the source unit powering everything.....good 'ol Alpine 9835. Had this unit for years. Will never give it up. Everyone knows this is one of the last best unit's Alpine made.

 

625_zpsuznesw9y.jpg

Posted

Next step: Removed the stock speakers, replaced with these ancient CDT separates I've had for years. Soon will get changed to Polk Audio MM6501 sometime this summer...

 

718_zpsau2qniyj.jpg

Posted

I love ducktape!! So many uses for it. This would be the drivers side door. Had to make a few baffles from 1/4" wood I had laying around behind the 6.5" mids to make sure the window cleared when going up and down and didn't hit the back of the magnet. Had to get a good place for the x-over. Heat shrink involved. Zip ties a must. Mind you, I did everything myself.

 

719_zpscepjccvo.jpg

Posted

Next step: amp rack. I was gonna do a large one in the very back but after looking for so many ideas/pics online, I ran across someone that owns a Tahoe as well and had his amps under the rear seats. That's it I thought. Glad I made the decision. Made from scrap 3/4" MDF, had notched here and there, test fit, bondo screw holes, sanded edges smooth,  etc. I would say this took me good 2-3 weeks to complete.

 

471_zpsresxs8og.jpg

466_zpsvmrtdsvc.jpg

467_zps9k8s1wel.jpg

Posted

So what amps? Well, I found a matching pair for a good deal I landed: Old school Planet Audio.  Drilled holes for the power wire, ground and remote and spkr wires also RCA's. And bought some gromments and hardware while I was at it.

 

478_zpsdlnw26wl.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1413 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...