Jump to content

Vehicle: Chevy Tahoe (1997)


Recommended Posts

Posted

The subs: Spent 600 bucks on 4 RE SE 10" drivers shipped to my door. Had these a long time. I would say 7-8 years.  Can't find anymore pics of the 1st enclosure I had for them so this is partial. Had subs fire forward, port same plane.

 

 

801_zpsymanx89b.jpg

285_zpsh3zuiqke.jpg

 

Posted

At this point, I was starting to show off my system to forums and such. I was given some info that in SUV's subs like to be mounted up, port back. So I thought ok. I'll find a box designer and give it a shot. Someone offered to design one for me and paid him to do so. A few construction pics...

 

715_zpskdkmcosm.jpg

716_zpssais0xgb.jpg

 

Painted inside the port area black. Don't remember what my plan was for this at the time.

Posted

002_zps4gftxyx1.jpg

003_zpsr6zwhamc.jpg

 

I bolted the sub enclosure down from inside. There's 2 tie-down triangle hooks near the back seats I simply removed them, went to the parts store and got a few long bolts to match up the threaded ones under the vehicle, used a few small washers and tightened them. The box wasn't going anywhere.

Posted

Those Planet Audio amps were nice. But wasn't enough power. I was running the big mono amp at 2 ohms because I had D4 sub coils. Bummer. So I sold the amps and begun de-construction of the amp rack to make/fill holes for new amps. Removed the 4 gauge CCA power/ground wiring, finding out that OFC was much better. I mean I didn't have any issues for it, but was gonna be running more power so do it right the 1st time.

 

1106_zpsk62lko6u.jpg

Posted

Decided on Soundstream Rubicon based on my budget of about 500 bucks. I own my own house and have kids so things can get expensive.  Also based on the amps dimensions and within the amp rack. Again, I was only able to run the big amp at 2 ohms but still pushed these subs pretty dam good. Better than the PA did. And the final install pics. All new Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge Kolusses Flex wiring.

 

1282_zpsx1yzcv5j.jpg

1283_zpsyseh64nj.jpg

1284_zpslmvpdyim.jpg

Posted

If you want to do something special for cheap... check out this link... 

... don't be skeptical...I own one of these and I've never seen power unleashed so easily! I run mine at .67 ohm amnd it never heats up or shuts down. $200 for delivered are you joking?.. Planet audio had it's day... clean install... You'd redo it I think to run one of these... just lookin" out!

Posted

New hardware to hold down amps. Stainless steel allenhead bolts with spiked t-nuts to hold everything in place.

 

Seats folded down....yup doesn't hit the amps. Last pic just shows the carpet under the seat dangling on the end, isn't interfere with the amp.

Posted
6 minutes ago, 1gggman1 said:

If you want to do something special for cheap... check out this link... 

... don't be skeptical...I own one of these and I've never seen power unleashed so easily! I run mine at .67 ohm amnd it never heats up or shuts down. $200 for delivered are you joking?.. Planet audio had it's day... clean install... You'd redo it I think to run one of these... just lookin" out!

Oh I'm def well aware of those CAB's. Unfortunately, I wished they had a 4 ch amp to match it. I like to match amps, just who I am I guess.  And I think they offer a few more colors to choose from too.

Posted

Last year, I sold my 4 10's with enclosure for dam near 400 bucks. At the time, I had a Sundown Audio x15 sitting in my family room, waiting to buy it's brother...

Look on the right sub. Now look how much excess glue is around the dia of the spider. That was from the Yardsale that Jacob, owner of Sundown has every so often. Looking at 210 bucks for a perfectly working sub. Sure beats paying double that. The sub on the left is a refurbished one that Jacob had a program for a short time. I  snagged one for 330 bucks shipped.  540 bucks Are you kidding me?! Hell no I was pretty stoked.

 

1546_zpssswood0k.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 957 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...