Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate T2500bdcp issue

AGuyWithAJeep

My Rockford T2500bdcp is about 5 months old. Recently the voltage meter on the amp is consistently at 11.1 volts. Truck I should 14.6-14.7 constantly. I have a Mechman 370 amp alt, Big three, XS D3400 under the hood and another XS D3100 in rear. All wire is 0 AWG Sky High. At full tilt the lowest I saw was maybe 13.6 volts. Subs are wired to one ohm. None the less though, has anyone else experienced this issue before or have any thoughts on what it could be? I have a digital volt meter wired directly to the D3100 in the rear, which is the same battery the T2500 is connected to. Digital meter and DMM say 14.7 volts at battery, but amp says 11.1 on meter on amp. It still works, but isn't drawing power like it should, nor is it nearly as loud. Currently not using it to prevent further damage. Also  All connections seem good and tight. No blown fuses. Etc. please help.

If ur readings at the battery are great, but low on the amp.....something is happening along that connection before it reaches the amp. Assuming the amp isnt bad its self. Maybe take a volt meter and take a reading from the exact end of the wire that u connect into the amp. If its reading low on just the wire then ur wire run is definatly compromised. If thats the case, maybe Inspect ur power wire run all the way from the battery to ur amp. Check for corrosion/discoloration at every end that has a lug/terminal on it. Could be a bad crimp/solder. Could be low quality wire, ive seen a few people having issues with that brand of power wire. Goodluck man.

Voltage going into amp is good, grounds are all good. I just disconnected everything from the distribution blocks, sanded and rebolted to make sure it all had a good connection. No issues there. Sadly I'm assuming it's the amp at this point. The more it is on, the worse it gets. It's starting to show red now and is at 10.4ish. Won't even play most music with bass knob all the way down. 

Archived