Sundown Audio

Amp Mounting, Heat, Vibration question.....

jimdog32526

You are going to use 7/8" bolts? They will be the biggest bolts on the truck. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

i was poking around on ebay and found some nice vibration isolators.  Perfect for mounting an amp to the back of the sub cabinet.  Gives it some altitude for added cooling underneath as well.

61ojuvBs6EL._SL1100_.jpg

I also found these Nuserts as well.  Thread these into the cabinet, screw the male end of the Vibration mount in, use a regular M6 screw to mount the amp to the Vibration isolator.

s-l1600.jpg

22 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

You are going to use 7/8" bolts? They will be the biggest bolts on the truck. lol

Thats the size bolts that hold the loop that the rear seat latch attaches too.  Since I dont run a back seat, Im going to use those bolt holes to attach the sub cabinet to the truck and also use them as a amp ground.

So This is the thing the rear seat latch hooks to.

rear%20seat%20bracket.jpg

I removed it, and the plastic plate that covers the hole.  This leaves about a 4 inch by 3 inch hole in the floor.  I covered over that with Rattle Trap XX sound deadenr when I did that project.  So I will cut thru that a slot big enough to pass the two 1/0 Power cables.  I am having a slot cut in the bottom of the sub cabinet that the cables route thru.  They will attach to the bottom of the truck and the bottom of the sub cabinet with the Stinger 1/0 Wire clips and go up into the amp rack and connect to the distribution block.

Once the sub cabinet is mounted and the ground wires connected to the big bolts thru the floor, I can lift up the truck and run a #2 ground cable from the frame ground directly to the bolt stub sticking out of the body and bolt that on with a terminal and nut.  That will give the ground a direct connection to the negative battery post.

Archived