Sundown Audio

Amp Rack

jimdog32526

I worked on drawing up the layout for my amp rack today.  Im still working on it.  Still have a few details left to put in.  Overall I think I like it.  Its going to be a part of the Sub box build.  The rack will be built into the back of the sub box.  Sub box rear wall will be 2 1/2 - 3" thick so not alot of bad Vibration should get thru that much Birch Plywood.  I am still going to mount the amps on isolator feet though to be safe.   The Amp Rack will have a plexi glass window so you can see all the amps and the wiring. Im thinking about having something cool CNC cut into the plexi like "FORD BRONCO" to give it a nice custom touch. The box has 3 puller fans and 3 pusher fans to let the enclosure breath and keep the amps cool. All the fans will be on a thermostat to control them. All Of the wiring for the entire system will be self contained inside the box, and it will serve as a control center for the system. I will probably end up mounting a voltage meter in there somewhere too off the extra power lug. The amps will be internally grounded inside the box. Im using the existing back seat 7/8" Bolts that mount the rear seat retainer as a hold down and grounding point. Im going to get a 8"x4"x1/4" Steel Plate Cut and have two 1/2" Studs Stud welded to it for grounding lugs. It should provide as good a ground as you can get that way. Overall I think this is going to look cool as hell.

Sub%20Cabinet%20and%20Amp%20Rack.jpg

The 2 1/0 Cables will be routed under the truck on Stinger WM clips and shrink wrapped. Then they will come up thru the bottom of the truck thru this hole (Center under the Loop(Which is gone)).  I will have a slot cut into the bottom of the sub cabinet to let the wires have room to run up into the amp box.  It should be a very clean install.

rear%20seat%20bracket.jpg

You should run the grounds to the frame and not the seat bolt. The frame in front will need an upgraded ground to the battery also. Tuned in for amp rack, that is a nice layout.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Ive been poking around looking at wire management options and found alot of cool stuff out there.  The internet is great if you know where to look.

This site has some crazy cool stuff

http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/cable-management-products.php

They have lots of cool stuff and damn near every kind of heat shrink, wire clamps, sleeves.

This one too, though its more PC oriented, its also applicable.

https://www.moddiy.com/

These will be good for neatly routing speaker wires

Professional_Single_Sleeved_Cable_Wire_C

They also have some really cool wire sleeving too.  I might use something like this.

Professional_Single_Sleeved_Cable_Wire_C

I also found these vibration isolator feet on ebay that will work great for the amps.

61ojuvBs6EL._SL1100_.jpg

I can drill and screw in these nutserts into the cabinet back to screw the male ends in.

s-l1600.jpg

Archived