Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate amp difference

crownvictoria31

So im looking to buy a Rockford fosgate 4 channel amp. This will push 4 10" PRV mids 500watts rms each. Mids are 8ohm each so I will run them down to 4ohm per pair and bridge them.

I already have a Rockford fosgate r400x4d on tweeters and r1200x1d on subs. Would like a small amp that can push my mids nice and loud and of course keep them all looking the same or atleast same brand.

I was checking out the r600x4d which is a very nice size and doing 300 rms bridged at 4 ohms. I was also looking the the Rockford fosgate punch p600x4 claiming to do the same wattage as the r600x4d.

Is there really a difference between these two other then price? Its a $80 difference. I wouldn't mind paying the difference but as long as the p600x4 will give me cleaner power.

by the way, my mids are being powered by this:

• Hifonics Brutus Series BRX1616.4
  • Class-AB FullRange 2-Ohm Stable 4-Channel Amplifier
  • RMS Power Rating:
  • 4 ohms: 200 watts x 4 chan.
  • 2 ohms: 400 watts x 4 chan.
  • Bridged, 4 ohms: 800 watts x 2 chan.

I believe that this is not true  but the mids do sound nice but seem to be asking for more power. And once again, I would like to keep my amps RF

Why don't you get a 2 channel amplifier (which would have more dynamics) instead of bridging a 4 channel ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived