Having my fiberglass guy build me a set of pods to fit a pair of 6.5's per door on my RZR. I'll be mounting to the upper door, in case I wish to remove my lower doors for some reason and still have tunes. Trying to get everything sorted out before he gets started. Stuck on figuring out how to connect the pods, as in to the amp. need 2 pairs of connections(one for each speaker, may swap a pair for a pair of 6.5 low power subs at some point idk). The more easy it is to remove, the better. It's an offroad toy, its not IF it rolls(again), it is WHEN it rolls again. Chances are the doors will be wrecked, and hopefully the pods are salvageable. And it would be nice to be able to remove them when I take long trips, or leave it outside the hotel at night, etc. Doors open reverse/suicide, so they need to be able to handle a little stress.

I've been eyeballing waterproof sockets(to be paired with SJOOW cable) such as these... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8U4ZTW/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Any one else have any insight? First thought was to just run some small machine screws and locknuts through the fiberglass pod. Is that the direction I need to look in? Or even use a small firewall grommet, and make myself a 3-4ft lead out of SJOOW cable, and do a small waterproof termination block behind each seat. Throw some ideas at me guys.

14641973_1130001533716299_64602147744194

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived