Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

AB XFL 12 or FI SSD 12?


TheSpicySpider

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi everyone,

I got into car audio almost two years ago, and want to step up my system. Currently running a Pioneer TS-W003D4 in a pre-fab(I know:/) box at 1.5 cubes net, tuned to 34 hz. It's powered by a Pioneer GM-D9601 at around ~700rms(guessing). The sub is decent enough, but the box is pretty crap, 5/8th inch MDF and no internal bracing. Finally got tired of inaccurate and bad SQ, so I am in the process of building my own box. Net volume will be about 2.25 cubes tuned to 32 hz(slot port). Getting a new subwoofer to match this box, and have been looking at the American Bass XFL for some time now. It looks good, but I recently read that the Fi SSD is a direct competitor and can get lower, while the XFL gets louder. I am looking for a really strong low end, down to what the box tuning can support, and am less interested in SPL. Thoughts on the XFL vs the SSD? I know the SSD is about $50 more. Just need to stay close to $250 for the sub. Will be running about 1200 watts rms to whatever I get.

Thanks for any help!

Posted

Btw, the new XFL 12 can be found for $165 on Ebay. So maybe that helps you. I was looking around, and have decided on the Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 12 inch sub. More than those 2, but I've heard too many good things to not save for it

Posted

No versus threads please

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7805 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...