Sundown Audio

Amp Choices--team Bassick Ftw!

loganberry

i have 387 bucks for a amp, and 12 days to get it...idk if i wanna go all the way to modesto so that zx 2500.1 might be out of the question

any1 got some great amps, know people that do!!???

help me out!

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i have 387 bucks for a amp, and 12 days to get it...idk if i wanna go all the way to modesto so that zx 2500.1 might be out of the question

any1 got some great amps, know people that do!!???

help me out!

HiFonics BXi2607D

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXi2607D-2600...1QQcmdZViewItem

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

i looked at that, but im really lookin at the power acoustik 5500 again, lol

its much cheaper then that, and it does just as much power, that way ill have enuf for another battery too, dont want the x diein at the show, that would be bad

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i looked at that, but im really lookin at the power acoustik 5500 again, lol

its much cheaper then that, and it does just as much power, that way ill have enuf for another battery too, dont want the x diein at the show, that would be bad

Dude, that Power Acoustik amp you're looking at (this one I assume, http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9720_Power...+PS1-5500D.html ?) Most it'd make (at 14.4v with 80% efficiency, HIGHLY doubt it's that efficient at 1 ohm, would make about 1,700w RMS) whereas the HiFonics BXi2607D does about 2300w RMS.

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Dude, that Power Acoustik amp you're looking at (this one I assume, http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9720_Power...+PS1-5500D.html ?) Most it'd make (at 14.4v with 80% efficiency, HIGHLY doubt it's that efficient at 1 ohm, would make about 1,700w RMS) whereas the HiFonics BXi2607D does about 2300w RMS.

yes its that one, i was told that it was tested at around 2800 watts rms at 2 ohm, shit idk!!! i need something cheap, cause ineed to buy a spare battery too, DAMN IT!!!! i will be running it at 2 ohms too, so idk, i need like at least 80 bucks for the battery, (gettin a deal) and i get paid this friday...i guess i can just spend alot on a amp, but i dont think that hifonics will power both them with the power i want at 2 ohms

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRUNCH-PZi1500-1-PZi-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

i could do 2 of those, how do they do on power, being accurate at 1 ohm, or staying cool, and can u link them together so u can use 1 bass knob

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

i could do 2 of those, how do they do on power, being accurate at 1 ohm, or staying cool, and can u link them together so u can use 1 bass knob

That amp would do pretty good I would guess.

Don't think you could "link" em together, unless they're strappable?

If not, you could get a Maxxlink.

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I think it would be best just to save us some more money and get what you really want. Don't rush things and get a amp that you won't be happy with down the line. Just my opinion.

EG Limo

Chrysler 300's Stretched

Lambo Doors

20" Rims

any1 have any problems with the kicker gettin hot?? it will have plenty of ventilation, just wanna be able to slam for a long long time before i have issues

I have a zx1500 running at 2ohm. Its mounted on the back of the box. Its right up to the back seat and I alway keep the seat up. It has never got hot or shut down. You will love the amp. And they aren't power hungry. I'm starting to complete and my class has a 200 amp limit. If not I would be upgrading to a zx2500 myself.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

I think it would be best just to save us some more money and get what you really want. Don't rush things and get a amp that you won't be happy with down the line. Just my opinion.

i want the zx alot, and if i can get the guy talked down ill get it...but i have 12 days to get an amp, and like hell if ima go there with an amp that stays on for 40 seconds full tilt....thats damn right sad...but i wanna buy a 3rd battery too, nothing too big, just the same one i have under the hood...3 will help alot with voltage drops i think......my tax return was for 387, my check after bills wont leave me too much money, but ill have to figure something out

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Archived