Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi I just bought my first stereo like a week ago, my setup is a JL Audio XD 300/1 v2 amp on 2 12 WX v2 subs. Ported Box on factory head unit, but every now and then I can smell like a burning smell. When I go to feel my subs and they're cool, it's almost like when your home receiver get's hot it's that type of smell. But the smell is  coming from my subs (ports on box). Is this normal like a breaking in thing? Or was I just playing my subs too loud? I also have a bass knob, lately I've been trying not to turn it up all the way. 

Sorry didn't know where to post this.

17355100_10212153370050375_204612809_n.jpg

Posted

If the subs are new it could just be the glue it happens a lot .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 991 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...